Get this Elephant OFF my shoulders!

MO_Sugar

Have any of you ever felt like you were carrying an extra couple of thousand pounds around? This past week I have been unable to hardly move without feeling like I am carrying extra weight. It was so bad on Tuesday I had to take a break while brushing my teeth! I had my counts checked on Tuesday and while they were a bit low they were not low enough for a transfusion. When I spoke with the nurse she said it was probably just the accumulation of chemo effects. I am headed to my weekly appointment in a few minutes so I will see what Doc. has to say.

The stupid thing is, I FEEL good, lol.

Thanks in advance for prayers and good wishes. You guys sure can help me through the day!

God Bless,

MO

Mo,

Don't forget what your poor body is going through. Taxol/Carbo is very debilitating. When I was on it, I would get out of the shower and have to lay down on the bathroom floor to get enough energy to finish getting dressed.

Drink plenty of water and get PLENTY of REST!!!!

TAnn

Guest Phyllis

It is the chemo. I was just walking down the hall and had the worst dizzy spell and I have been doing pretty good on carbo/taxol. My counts have been just a little low but no big deal. I am glad in a way that this chemo is kind of knocking me on my a--. I wanted something strong. Get some rest and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Take care.

According to my Dr. (God Love him), I have had "a lot of chemo" so of course I am feeling run down and weak! He said my allergies are playing a part in in with my sinus's being filled up and the rest is just the chemo doing it's thing. I asked about my liver function (have been afraid to in the past) and was told the numbers are a bit high but certainly in an acceptable field. That takes a bit of weight off right there! We are staying with the Carbo / Taxol for the next cycle and then will look at things again to see where we are going.

Thank you all my friends for your support! I really don't know how I would make it through each day if it wasn't for the love and compassion of the people here!

God Bless,

MO

Glad to read your second post, Mo.

Not happy to hear that the chemo side efcts are kicking in, but THRILLED to "hear" the relief in your voice after talking to your doctor.

May the side effects be short (since they certainly aren't sweet).

Melinda

Mo-my friend. I am back! I am not glad to hear you are having trouble. I do understand the feeling like you are carrying 50 extra pounds. Somedays my feet are a ton and VERY hard to pick up. Glad you are handling the chemo well tho. YOU will make it.

Love Cindy

Mo,

I was wondering how I got to Missouri so fast to be on your shoulders, then I read your post ;) heehee.

Seriously though, just FYI, I know my mom experienced the same thing when she was going through chemo and even on and off now. I heard my dad tell the doctor things like s uddenly a tea cup would be too heavy for her and he had to lift it.

Mo, sorry to hear you are so tired but I am sure your doc is right...chemo makes you tired. You are a strong lady but you really need to give in to your body and rest. I respect you so much look forward to reading your loving and giving posts. You have been there for all of us and we are here for you. Keep on keeping on, as they say down south.

Nina

Mo

Glad to hear that your Doctor's visit gave you some answers. I was telling one of my nurses about you in a round about way, and she said this, "Some bodies are just chemo-friendly." Now, if I were you, I don't know how I would react to that pronouncement, until I looked at if from its opposite, "Chemo unfriendly or Chemo-enemyish"--

I suspect you have always been high energy, unlike me who prefers to sit and stew(lol)--I prefer the word contemplate lol. Gosh now, I dont know what I am meaning to say, except, I hope the elephant loses some weight cos it does feel bad when an elephant sits on me, so I am sure it can't feel good to you. So if an elephant has to sit on you, here's to it being a skinny. emaciated one.

Elaine