3 month ck up

Rachel

Well, my 3 month check up is coming up on June 17. Schedueled for a Head MRI & Chest CT. My husband will be out on the tugboat in Northern Alaska & I know this will be so difficult for him to receive the delayed results. Plus I am of course very nervous as you all know how it is before tests. Thank goodness for a strong circle of griends up here & of course all of you on this board. Thank you for all your support. :)

Rachel

Rachel,

Prior to my MRI last month, my general practioner wrote me a prescription for one tiny pill - 10 mg of Valium. I took it an hour before the MRI and life was "GOOD"! Someone was feeling stuff like fear and claustrophobia, but it wasn't me... :roll:

I've decided after that POSITIVE experience to pop a Xanax prior to my CTs in the future (I HATE needles...a lot...and the CT techs SUCK at finding my chicken-hearted veins....not a pleasant trip...).

Anxiety...fear...yep, I hear ya. Try to distract yourself from the thoughts of what could be and the "What If" chorus in your head... Flea markets, hobbies, reading, gardening...make sure you're tired when you go to bed...

Here's hoping your results are clear!

Becky

Here's praying for all good and positive sign's.....My wife has first ct since starting treatment this friday 6-11-04 .....I'm having trouble getting logged in most of the time and contacted Rick and he seem's to think it's my computer,i have a e-machine and window's xp on dial up so if any one has any thought's on this i'd be interested in hearing them.....

I pray for EVERY member here daily. For the ones that I see going through hard times I pray for by name. That is one reason I check the board 3-4 times daily. I am sure you will be fine. Snowflake had some good advice too. Stay busy to get it off your mind. Get tired before you go to bed...you will sleep better. Also do this a lot...:):):):):):):)

God Bless.