worring update

Guest waiting_wondering

Guest waiting_wondering

Tried to biopsy the adrenal gland on Wednesday last week instead they gave me a pneumothorax :evil: . Ended up spending the night in the hospital and off work for three days!! Pet Scan is scheduled for this Friday as they won't try the biopsy again. Will get results next Tuesday. Wish me luck!! :D

Waiting and wondering , how did they do the biopsy of your adrenal gland. Was it from the outside or from the inside? I just heard a doctor speak on doing biopsies of difficult spots as the adrenal by going down to your stomach during endoscopy, using a special scope that does ultrasound a trained doctor can biopsy through the scope. It sounded that it was a great way for difficult spots. here is a post I wrote.

http://lchelp.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=9817

Sure hope your feeling better. Donna G

Thanks for that info, Donna. When they were talking to me about a biopsy of my adrenal gland, the Pulmonologist called it a "CT guided biopsy." I'm no longer a candidate (at least for now) but this has me curious as to how they do these.

The Oncologist told me at first that a biopsy of my adrenal gland would be practically useless, because even it if came back negative, that probably only meant they got the needle in the wrong spot. The Pulmonologist told me later about the CT guided procedure, but I didn't have it because there was no clinical data to support involvement of the adrenal gland. Since then, it's been ruled out on subsequent tests.

Dianne

Guest waiting_wondering

They attempted it by CT guided biopsy. My "inner" voice told me that I shouldn't do it. There were several mix ups during my admitting process. There were two interventionalists that were recommended to me and both were unavailable so I got "the new guy". Oh well, what's a girl to do? Pet was done on Friday. Will get results this coming Wednesday. I have given this alot of thought since July and if the big "C" has returned I'm almost 99% sure I will not do chemotherapy. My body feels like hell now just from the surgery and rad. I HAVE BEEN DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A VACCINE TRIAL THAT I WOULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR.........ANY HELP OUT THERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND AM WILLING TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE.

Praying for Everyone Here, Take Care and Godspeed

Pat