moms 1 year anniversary already

shelliemacs

so today is one year that mom lost against LC. It seems unreal. I would never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that within that one year. We would loose our father as well to the same disease and my sister would have been stricken with cancer as well.

when I look back it feels like a bad movie in some one elses life. wish it could be.

I went to the cemetary this morning and was finially able to sprinkle grass seed. It took them this long to top of his grave from how much it sank down from all the rain we have been getting this year in the northeast. I hope it grows soon, seeing a raw grave reminds me of how short ago we had them both here.

i am sad today. hope this passes soon too.

my sisters third surgery is next week. They are going to try again to get a clean margin without cancer before they do the mastectomy on her. If they cant get clean margins she still has to do chemo and radiation. If they get clean margins they will let her heal and then start radiation. either way she has a long road ahead of her. She has been sad too lately I think she like mom and dad got, is sick of being sick.

wow does cancer suck.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

A hard time for you, for sure. It's such an insidious disease. It harms the patient and everyone around them. It can poison you physically, spiritually and emotionally. I'll do my best to get more research monies. Maybe I can't stop what's happening to me and the utter sadness I've seen it cause you and others ---- but here's for our children and their children. I'm not stopping until I die.

There's been too much cancer in your life in such a short, short time.

(((((((((Shelly)))))))))))

Sometimes hugging is the best I can offer.

Cat

Shellie--

It's hard to believe it has been a year already. I followed your Mom's story very closely, the love with which you gave her and shared in your anguish during her pain and when she passed. Then your father ---- Now your sister. This is too much for anyone.

May your sister's margins be clear and may she soon be on the road to good health!

Gail P-M

Shelly:

Seems hard to believe a year has passed and for me it's so close to being a year since my dad's diagnosis. You have had a very tough year and I pray that the year ahead brings you much happiness and you surely deserve it! I'm sure you feel like I do sometimes, pinch me and wake me up from this dream. They were all taken from us before we wanted them to go. Prayers for you, your sister and the rest of your family. God Bless!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so sorry, I've been away for a long time. I didn't know about your loss of your dad and to read that now you have to watch your sister go through cancer too, I'm sooooo veryyy sorry!! I don't know what else to say. I can't believe its been a year since you lost your mom..I am truely sorry. I have no words of strenghten for you.. I wish I did...Just know I have never stopped thinking about you...

Christy