It's Baaaaacccckkkk! :(

betplace

Betty... I have several things to say here.....

1. Sorry to hear this news.

2. Glad to hear things were found before spinal involvement.

3. Glad to hear you survived the storm in good shape!

4. Do you have power?

5. Please know that I am praying for you with all my might!!!!!

Yes we have power Ann, the storm turned 100 miles before it got here and we didn't even get much rain. Unforutunatly there is a huge swath of damage up the middle of the state with much loss of life and property. I am grateful for the miss, but I feel so bad for those who suffered so much.

Oh Betty, I am so sorry to hear this news, but the catch 22 that they caught it early is a good thing!! Oh Sweetie, I know you must be feeling a little on the sad side! (a LITTLE?) :shock: But, they have a plan and that's the GOOD NEWS! HOORAY!!! Hang in there my dear, and keep us posted. I'm sorry I didn't see your message sooner.

((((((((((((((((((BETTY))))))))))))))))))))))

Much Love and Support,

Connie B.

Oh, shoot, Betty, you have been doing so well. I'm upset to hear you have ED and I'm sure you must be discouraged, but like everyone else has said, you caught it early and that is always very, very good. I'm mostly upset that you have had pain. I hate pain. Pain is awful and I'm just heartsick that you have to deal with it. I hope the radiation works quickly to kill that pain.

Love and prayers,

Peggy

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. Thanks to Charley the medicaid system is all screwed up and I finally had to have my brother pay for my meds so I could be out of agony. It is a real mess up. But I am handling it better now that I have some pain relief. They got right to work on me, I will be getting 11 shots of radiation total, he says that is all he can give to the spinal cord. I hope it's enough.!!

Anyway thanks for caring

Betty:

I'm sure the hospital wasn't quite your planned evacuation but glad you are safe. So glad they caught this tumor early and are going after it aggressively and quickly. Will keep you in my prayers for wonderful results and for strength for you to deal with your treatments. You hang in there and keep us posted!

Very important for the MRI, apparently they are more sensitive and pick up on more, I had every test possible I thought to pick up my cancer but the cancer in my back, hip and head went undetected by the PET, bone and CT scan but showed up on the MRI, just glad that I kept complaining about that back ache to my doctor. Only a minor set back though :) I believe it is all healing nicely and hopefully I will be walking again soon without assisstance from cane or walker. Keep your chin up :-) The radiation isn't bad I did it on my head and hip already and will be doing it on back now that hip is healing up. Also the radioligist was very optimistic about my head lesions.. he said in his 20 years of this profession he hadn't seen a SCLC patient that the head lesions hadn't gone away and is pretty positive they are gone or will be, they told me that the radiation continues to work up to 4 weeks after your last radiation treatment. So I'm sure they will be gone when I go back in September for a check! :)

i'm so sorry that the dreaded monster is back. i pray that the radiation zaps the lil' sucker. hey, we can all use prayer every now and then, so never be afraid to ask! and always follow that gut feeling, especially when it comes to your health. please take care.

God bless,

mj