Bring back BoBennett

-Cheryl-

I am by no means holier than thou but I think a travesty has been done here. God says to be forgiving and patient, and that happens a lot on this board. When it doen't happen is when it's devestating. BoBenett is a cancer survivor fighting this disease... He has the same dilemnas all others stricken with disease have on a daily basis, including anger and pain.

Bo had a confrontation with someone on this board, and now, he has been blown out. He still has cancer and all of the bad to go w/ it and now he has lost 1400 supporters. Is this what this board is all about? Have any of you been pushed to the point where you said some things you maybe wished you wouldn't have had to say? If you have not, congratulations, you are PERFECT. Some on this board even admtted not reading that post but still wanted to crucify him. What is with this "gang up mentality"? The God I know does not condone that and in fact is a tool the devil uses.

I would ask that the members of this Board invite Bo back.

I thought Bo contributed a whole lot here... I know the few times he posted to Cheryl, he was very informative and civil... like he probably is 99.9% of the time.

If you feel like you are better than that, then don't.

Jack

Am totally, completely out of the loop -- have no idea what happened (ok, I'm a space cadet) but we've just completed the high holidays(yes, I'm Jewish) when repentence, prayer and good deeds temper Justice's severe decree and inscribe us, hopefully, in the Book of Life for another year...so I think everyone should have a second, third or umpteenth chance, especially someone who needs us.

Ellen

I have seen numerous people in what could be called a conflict - or things said that could be hurtful - some have left, some have stayed and just gone on as if nothing had ever been said.

I want everyone to feel free to respond on this board - to give the support and information he has, to be supported here like everyone else.

Come back if the positives are more than the negatives for you. As with most things in life, do what makes your life better.

Others, people you don't even know, don't take it personal. It isn't personal because they don't even know you either.

In any case, Best Wishes, Margaret

I have no idea what occured here. I only know that as a caregiver and family member of a cancer patient, I have lost my cool many times (not on this board) but at other places. I think we all have good and bad days and if we can't come here and have an "off" day without being crucified by someone well then this board is NOT what I thought it was. Shame on anyone who made BoBennett feel not welcome.

Dear all,

I do not have any idea, either, as to what happened. I'm hoping it was a misunderstanding or a mountain made out of a molehill, whatever it was.

We're all human--but can whatever it was be viewed as "water under the bridge?"

I DO know, however, that Geoff and I need ALL of you.

I've got quite the edge to my personality--so if y'all can put up with me, then you'd welcome ANYONE else with open arms, I'm sure. :?

Bo--If you are lurking--please come back--or at least PM someone so we know how you are doing and can support you. I know you and I don't "know" each other (even in a "cyber kinda way"), but we're all in the same boat fighting this beast together.

Melinda

After almost 500 hits and 12 responses, 9 people have asked BoBennet to come back. How embarrasing... I thought this board was full of supportive people? I could have walked thru the mall and gotten more support than that.

Not one person from administration asked him back, wow, unbelievable!

Since so many did not see or understand what had happened before it was erased, It is talked about more in detail under "Anger", in the NSCLC forum.

I suggest the leaders of this so called "caring group" put out a list of "untouchables" to all of the new members so they wll be aware of who not to mess with on this board.

Jack

After almost 500 hits and 12 responses, 9 people have asked BoBennet to come back. How embarrasing... I thought this board was full of supportive people? I could have walked thru the mall and gotten more support than that.

Not one person from administration asked him back, wow, unbelievable!

Since so many did not see or understand what had happened before it was erased, It is talked about more in detail under "Anger", in the NSCLC forum.

I suggest the leaders of this so called "caring group" put out a list of "untouchables" to all of the new members so they wll be aware of who not to mess with on this board.

Jack

Jack~

Just because someone doesn't post here does not mean they did not PM Bo and ask him back. This is my PM to Bo on the day he (and others) asked me to delete the thread you are speaking of:

Ok, I will delete the entire thread ( I hope that is what you meant ). It can be restarted if someone wants to do that. Don't leave the board, plenty of room for everyone and all their differences...

Rochelle

No one asked him to leave, he stated he was leaving. I don't think anyone has anything against Bo they just didn't like or agree with the post he made and if you remember the thread he himself stated he had had a sleepless night over it.

Just like you have returned I am sure Bo will too :wink: at least I hope so.

Rochelle

I am sorry you feel that way, but quite frankly, it is very hard to respond to your posts----as no one wants "to mess" with you for sure--

You made the statement once that we should ask Bo back--when we do not do as you say or disagree with you in anyway, we seem to get these poison responses from you---I have been a victim myself when I was questioning something under alternative medicine--

If I remember correctly, Bo was also looking for more info than support-so perhaps he was leaving for other reasons , not because of one disagreement with one member that I am sure they are both over by now-

I agree with Katie--there is no need for this on this board there is room for everyone--and I hope you stay

regards

I want to ditto what Ry and Cat and others said....and I want to make a point. If you look at all forums regarding the # of views vs posts, you get the same figures. We all dont always post.

I myself personally put in a hall pass request just to let people know I need to do some healing myself and work out some personal issues, so I cannot respond to all posts and will lurk and just post if there is an issue I can help someone with (ie, side effects of Iressa, etc) or send a PM if I can help.

There is room for everyone here. At different times of this journey sometimes we need support from others; sometimes we can give the support; sometimes we need real hard information and not support; etc.

I think it is really important to recognize how different we all are here, yet our common goal is LC.

Jack, I am very happy to see you here back and I check every day hoping to hear some good news about Cheryl

Just never mind...

Sorry Bo,

I really think the folks here want you back but because of the fact I sent out the plea, I am afraid I have hurt the cause more than I have helped. This is not a reflection on you, It's a direct reflection on me. I get the message loud and clear.

Jack

Bo is welcome back.

I'm sure he knows this by now.

Jack, please, try to destress and be kind to yourself, Take some good time with Cheryl -- maybe another afternoon with "The Boat"??

We don't hear much from the sweet gentle side of you. That's okay.

Cheryl loves you, and that's good enough for me.

Just remember to be good to yourself.

The rest of this is little stuff, let it go.

All we need to remember is the love and support, not the words.

OXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Prayers always, for us...

MaryAnn