New cancer patient

pammie

This is the first time i have ever done a support group deal. Have read lots of the messages from various ones of you though. Your positive and hopeful comments and attitudes are a wonderful boost. I found out June 29 that i had cancer. the left lung had 2 liters of fluid in it from the pleural effusion. thought i had bronchitis. What a shock. Cancer. Have had ashtma as long as I can remember then in 1995 was diagnosed with MS. But inoperable cancer? i never even gave it a passing thought and here we are dealing with this. My asthma and MS were under great control for two years and I was doing water aerobics five days a week. thought things were going well. My husband of 27 yrs. has been fantastically supportive as have my four children, parents and other family members. At this point my condition is stable after 8 rounds of chemo. Will be rescanned later this month and see what the doc suggests. Due to the MS, some docs have said I may not be elgible for clinical trials in the future. I feel so blessed to have some people to exchange with. I have shed tears over your losses and bad news and rejoiced with your good reports. God bless you for being here.

Hi Pammie and WELCOME!

This forum was a first for me, too, and so far it's my only forum. I have felt comfortable here, though, since the first day I got up the nerve to post. Heck, I never even participated in a chat session before. LOL! I'm pretty good on the computer, but just never got into any chit-chat stuff.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with cancer, but you did come to the right place. Not only will you get all the support you need, but we also have experts participating that can answer technical questions, as well as many of our members could be called experts because of their advanced knowledge. So post away - we're all here to help each other.

I'm glad to hear you have a supportive family. You might even find that you can vent a lot of your feelings here that are difficult to express around family members. I hope we can help.

Keep us posted.

God bless you,

Peggy

Hi Pammie,

I just want to join in with my compadres for a warm enveloping welcome to another cancer warrior!

I gotta tell ya. I have had some serious "other" health problems in my life before lung cancer. Lung cancer, of course, has been the one that has been in my mind the strongest. However, because of my other illnesses, I truly believe that my experiences with them helped me to move rapidly toward acceptance of my lung cancer, helped me to let go of many of my fears, helped me to advocate for myself, and helped me to navigate the medical system. All of those chronic illnesses that I used to complain about, and still do, have been a blessing in disguise for me. If it weren't for them, I don't know that I would have had the wherewithall to survive, fight, let go, and fight some more.

By the way, I just love your name!

Hope to hear only good reports from you and your docs. Yes, we have had some tragic news as of late and it is tough on all of us. But, try to remember that lung cancer is a survivable disease. Now, you just put all of your survival skills to good use that you have learned already, and keep taking it one day at a time!

All my best to you and yours.

Cindi o'h

Pammie,

I am sorry you had the need to find us but so glad that you did. You have alot on your plate and seem to be handling it very well. We are here to support you, listen, cry and laugh with you. This site has been a blessing for me and for many others. We all have something in common that is very hard to share. Cancer is a bond that binds people like no other can. Stable is a good thing. I wish you Happy Holidays and good news in the year to come.

Nina

Pammie,

Welcome, we are glad you joined. This wonderful group gave me more caring and support and knowledge then you can imagine during my husband's long journey. It always gave me hope since we have so many long term survivors.

May joining us provide another light of joy for you during this holiday season.

Hey Pammie - welcome from a former Lubbockite! I grew up near Lubbock - in big Idalou -- know where that is? If you do, I'll be impressed!

Sorry you have to be here, Pammie, but this is a great place to get support, and find out what goes on with others going through the same things as you. I never saw myself as much inclined to do the support group thing either, but after reading here for a few days, something about the place just said "come in and join us," so I did. And haven't stopped running my cyber mouth since! :P

It's a real battle for sure, and I hope you can lean on us here to help you through it.

Di

Thanks to all you precious friends for your replies and encouragment. I do feel that I can already call you friends. Di, i have heard of Idalou and been thru there many times. My daugher teaches school in Ralls. Just to let you know a little more about us. My husband is 48 and has had type I diabetes since he was 3. Despite being a brittle diabetic for 45 yrs. he is in excellent health and has a fantastic, positive, never give up attitude. He is my speciall blessing from God. i have no doubt, as several of you have mentioned, his optiimistic view of life has been a great help in his fight with disease. There are countless blessings to list every day though. I have added you guys to my blessing list. Will be keeping up with you if i can manage the computer

skills. pammie