Sally

Peggy H

My sister Sally died Saturday night at 8:00 pm, shortly after her two girls left after saying one final goodbye. Mom & I were blessed to be able to be there, holding her hands. We will miss her every day, as long as we live.

For those of you who have been following our story, I'm printing the notice. Sally always stated that she didn't want any mention of her cancer in her notice or at her funeral. She didn't want to be remembered for that:

Sally J. Holtman Lohner

Sally J. Holtman Lohner, 49, of Kenosha, died Saturday (June 28, 2003) at Kenosha Medical Center. Born on Feb. 16, 1954, she was the daughter of Jack and Frances (Binney) Holtman.

A lifelong Kenosha resident, she attended local schools and graduated from Tremper High School. She graduated from Carthage College and received her masters degree from Olivet Nazarene University in Ill. She was employed at Mahone Middle School as a teacher, and previously at McKinley Middle School. She was a member of First United Methodist Church of Kenosha.

Survivors include her parents of Kenosha; two daughters, Sarah Jayne and Emily Jeanne Lohner, both of Kenosha; two brothers, Jeff (Joan) Holtman of Paddock Lake and Jim (Roxanne) Holtman of Kenosha; and four sisters, Nancy Guarascio of Kenosha, Peggy Holtman and Debbie (Jon) Konings, both of Milwaukee, and Cathy (Jim) Spivey of Wilmot.

Funeral services for Sally J. Holtman Lohner will be held on Wednesday July 2nd 2003 at 6:00 P.M. at First United Methodist Church in Kenosha. Private burial will take place at Sunset Ridge Memorial Park.

In lieu of flowers, memorials will be designated to the Sally Holtman Lohner fund to benefit students with special needs.

Sally is further survived by 6 nieces and nephews and a dear friend, Char (John) Sacket.

The family would like to express special thanks to the staff of Mahone and Mckinley Middle Schools for the support and generosity they have provided to Sally over the past two years. For more information, please call Family Options Funeral and Cremation Services at 262-554-6533.

Sally loved this song and sang it to her girls constantly (much to their chagrin!). It's printed in her Funeral program, "To Sarah and Emily:"

Lee Ann Womack

I Hope You Dance

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,

You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,

May you never take one single breath for granted,

GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance,

I hope you dance....

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,

Never settle for the path of least resistance,

Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking,

Loving might be a mistake but it's worth making,

Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,

When you come close to selling out - reconsider,

Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance,

I hope you dance....

"Love, Mom"[/b]

Peggy,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your precious sister. I feel for her daughters too... please hold them close. Every word I try to type seems so inadequate.

God bless you all at this most difficult time

Lynn

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your beloved sister. I, too, love her favorite song. I'm sure she is dancing in a better place. Praying for her little ones and all the rest of you who are left with a barren space in your lives without her.

Dear Peggy,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Now, she is in a better place, with no more suffering. She will always be with you in spirit. The song is a beautiful one, i've always liked it, and now it will have even more meaning for me. God bless you and your family.

Joanie

Peggy, I am so sorry for your loss. I sit here teary Eyed trying to respond...

The song will bring memories for years to come with the girls....

Peggy

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet sister. My heart aches for your family, especially your neices who are so young. I know that she will be with you always, watching over her family from heaven, close by your sides and in your hearts. When you dance, she will be dancing with you.

I am praying for God to bring you comfort and peace during these difficult times.

God Bless you Peggy

Carleen

PEGGY,

YOUR NOTICE WAS BEAUTIFUL. YOUR SISTER WOULD BE SO PROUD FOR THOSE GREAT WORDS. SHE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL.

WILL SAY A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR YOU, YOUR MOM AND HER TWO DAUGHTERS. MY HEART IS REALLY HEAVY TONIGHT. GOD BE WITH YOU ALL DURING THESE HARD TIMES.

I too am so sorry for you, your neices, and the rest of your family and friends for the loss of Sally. Through your words, it is evident that she is someone special..... and think of the many young lives she touched. I know she made her part of the world a better place.

I too have a sister (48 years old) fighting Stage 4 NSCLC. I can relate. Bless you all.... and all who are affected by cancer.

Peggy, my deepest heart felt sympathies on losing your sister. I am sure your presence gave her great comfort as she faced leaving her family. May God give you peace of mind and the strength to get through this dificult loss. Put your arms around those children...they need you so much....my heart breaks for your family....my prayers are with you...