My mother passed away...

Anais

My mother died Wednesday December 22. It was a terrible death: at the end, the cancer spread to bones, liver and brain, she was completely confused. :-(

You can find a nice picture of her on my website : http://www.tatossian.org/collation_paul ... anais1.JPG

Here's the newspaper text (English and French) :

Pauline (Sturgeon) Tatossian

TATOSSIAN, Pauline (nee Sturgeon). Passed away on December 22, 2004. Beloved wife of Armand Tatossian, R.C.A. Cherished mother of Anais and Charles. Daughter of Georgette, and brother to Neil (Anne-Marie) and Ray. Donations in her memory may be made to the Mount Sinai Hospital, 5690 Cavendish Blvd, Montreal, H4W 1S7.

STURGEON TATOSSIAN, Pauline

1943-2004

À Montréal, au Centre Hospitalier Mont-Sinaï, est décédée le 22 décembre 2004, à l'âge de 61 ans, après un dur combat contre un cancer, Pauline Sturgeon Tatossian. Elle laisse dans le deuil sa fille Anaïs et son fils Charles. Elle laisse également dans le deuil ses frères Russell, Neil (Anne-Marie) et Ray, sa mère Georgette ainsi que de nombreux parents et amis. Compenser l'envoi de fleurs par un don à la Fondation du centre hospitalier Mont-Sinaï, 5690, boulevard Cavendish, Montréal, Qc, H4W 1S7.

You are all very kind, I appreciate your messages... MERCI TOUT LE MONDE.

She used a very symbolic language two weeks before her passing away: ride a horse, buy plane tickets, rising her bed, etc.

A few minutes before her death, it was very quiet in the room, the silence broken only by sounds of shallow breathing. Sitting beside her, my younger brother and I watched and waited as her life slowly disappeared...

24 years-old (and 21 for my brother) is too young to loose our mother... :-(