Off the beaten path

ginnyde

This has nothing to do with lc, except that my life will always be connected to lc.

I live in a way too big house with way too much land for a newly single(not happily) woman. I have been looking to downsize for awhile. Found the townhouse of my dreams today, everything I wanted for the price I could afford.

Just found out they accepted my offer. I am off the wall happy. I wrote the owners a letter telling them about Earl and how I thought their house showed so much love and caring. My realtor told me that my letter was the clincher. They had other offers but wanted someone else to love their house.

I will not leave this site, but I need to leave my house. Too many memories and I am living in only a small section of the house so I don't relive the memories. I hope you understand and are happy for me. I am already crying about leaving here but I need to do it.

I love you all and need you all so much. I am so glad to see good news here tonight. May it always be this way.

Love to you all.

((((((((((GINNY))))))))))))) Oh Ginny, I am so VERY HAPPY for you!

I think this is wonderful news! And just for the record, it's okay if WE don't understand, (although I do), your the one that matters here!

Oh I have a smile from ear to ear for you!

Take pictures, and share them with us. OKAY?

CONGRATULATIONS!!

HAPPY FOR YOU!

Love & Hugs,

Con

WONDERFUL, Ginny...and I DO understand.

My grandmother lost her husband in 2003. She sold the house and moved to an assisted living complex (NOT that she needs any assistance, even at 86!). She still grieves, cries and misses my grampa. They were married almost 65 years! She just couldn't live with all the memories all of the time, everywhere she looked. Now her memories are in her heart, not always right in her face.

I completely understand, and wish you well. Sure hope you have a guest room... 8)

...and on to the stress of MOVING! I am NEVER moving again - well, not by choice, anyway...

Take care, and big, big hugs to you!

Ginny,

Your plans make perfect sense to me. The main thing is they make perfect sense to you. I wish you the very best with this move. Get the kids to help. Make them come clear out all of their belongings too. Wishing you the very best and hope to see pictures soon. (((Ginny))).

Nina

Ginny,

I got the biggest lump in my throat when I read your post. I'm so thrilled for you and, at the same time, sad with you as I know what you are leaving behind. My sister's husband was killed by a doctor's mistake three years ago (she was 50) and she had to give up their big house in the country. It was so, so hard for her to do, but it has been a good thing. She even paid to have a large tree which her husband had planted about 15 years ago transplanted to his parents' house, so she could go and "visit" it.

I went to "visit" your new home and can certainly see why you fell in love with it. I wish you much peace and happiness there.

Ginny, dear...

Whatever feels right to you, will BE right. When my dad died, my uncle tried to convince my mom to sell and move. She would have none of that! To Mom, staying where the memories were was a comfort, not painful.

Everyone is a little different about these things....and that you're following your own needs in this, makes it right! The townhouse is beautiful!! Will there be an area you can fence for that little pooch who may join you some day? :wink:

I can "hear" the excitment in your voice and I betcha the Duke is smilin', knowing that wherever you are, he goes too....since he's firmly implanted in your heart.

Now you get to start the fun part of weeding out. Having just gone through all that....be firm with yourself! If you haven't used it in a year or two....out it goes! Either donate it or throw it out or have yourself a big, ol' honkin' tag sale and you can make enough $$$ to fence part of your yard! 8)

OK so Im dumb, but I donot see where "townhouse" is on the page. Do you have to click on listings or something to get there??

This is so neat for you Ginny, I know when my husband died I had to stay in the house for 10 months after he died due to the lease. Imoved as soon as I could. Congratulations!!!

Love,

Kim

Oh, Ginny. That is a beautiful place! You are going to love it, I just know it! And how wonderful that Earl got it for you!

My mother is now 91 and lives in the same house they moved into in 1955. After my dad died, we talked of an apartment for her, but she'd have none of that. She wanted the security of a paid-for house, understandably, but how it's more of a burden, so we are in the LONG process of getting her to move. I think she not only has tied herself to memories of my dad in that house, but to the security she's had all that time. I think she believes that if she leaves the house, it's all over for her. (NOT!)

You're some lady, Ms. Ginny. I'm in awe of your new house and your strength.

Di

Oh Ginney, it is lovely! I am so thrilled for you. It will be hard going through everything and weeding out stuff, so give yourself plenty of time to do that. If your like me every object you touch will bring a memory you have to relive and smile over before you can decide what to do with the object, and that takes time. :) You are such a stong wonderful woman, I am happy to have met you through this great site.

Blessings

Betty

Ginny,

The place is gorgeous and I can just picture you in there!!! You did what you needed to do, only you can make those decisions and NO ONE has the right to judge you for it. Earl is obviously pulling for you, he cinched the deal right?? Good Luck my friend. Love, Sharon