Follow up doctor appt after 1st Altima treatment

Justakid

Saw the doctor today.....day 8 after Altima (sp?) treatment. The yeast infection has cleared up but I refuse to give up the Diflucan! I had toast today, yeah!!!! Well and a Slurpee! :)

He said I looked remarkably well (guess that's good!) Having a few optic migraines, but I have had those throught the last treatment and suffered prior to cancer with those too. I can pretty much tell they are stress induced. I was stressed until I saw the doc and he made me feel better then I had two more after Karen called my about Dave......anyway.

Next chemo is the 9th, he had to move my appt time till afternoon cause he has been asked to host a conference at the University of Wisconsin (and will be flying in late) in the research area, didn't say what it was about, we ran out of time. But I asked him to fill me in later. Guess he may be kinda hip on a few things for an older guy.

Anyway that's the latest, so far Altima's not too bad!!!!

Beth,

The fact that you said "The Alitma is not too bad" is GREAT. I was hoping that it wouldn't give you a hard time. So glad to hear that you are tolerating it well.

Now quit all the worrying, take lots of naps and here's to eating a nice hamburger sometime this week!

TAnn

I saw Beth, Dave saw Beth, and Becky got to meet Beth and talk for a while, and, Beth,. gotta tell you that both Dave and I remarked on ow wel ou looked!

A big thank you to "Cousin Beth" for coming and giving us some moral support today, and I know that Becky really enjoyed meeting you. We all need to meet more ofiten, but instead of hospital waiting areas, how about nice warm beaches somewhere?

Karen

but instead of hospital waiting areas, how about nice warm beaches somewhere? Karen

Good idea! When all of this treatment is done and everyone is in remission, how about the Champans and the Justakid family pack up and head to CA to Disneyland :):)

SO glad to hear that finally something is working for you!!! It's the beginning of a good roll, I know it! To keep the stress under control, maybe you should take up the bohdhran (sp?) like Fay - bang it out (I'm sure your family would appreciate that!) and keep the migraines at bay.

Ellen

SO glad to hear that finally something is working for you!!! It's the beginning of a good roll, I know it! To keep the stress under control, maybe you should take up the bohdhran (sp?) like Fay - bang it out (I'm sure your family would appreciate that!) and keep the migraines at bay.

Ellen