Tarceva working??? Could be!!!

stand4hope

Hi Everybody,

I know this is way too premature, but I can't help but be optimistic and excited. My husband said today that the discomfort he was having in his right hip has backed off about 90%. That was the only area where he was having noticeable problems with the bone mets.

He has been on Tarceva for only 6 days, but Bill's wife had miraculous results with Tarceva in a short period of time, so I can't help but have a lot of hope.

I also know that Fay A. had good results, and I'm very anxious to hear how Tina's husband's scan results (Charlie) come out, as well as TAnn and Mr. Ry's next scans, as well as others. I know that Tina says Charlie is feeling a lot better.

Soooo, anyway, I'm raising a cup of Starbuck's to Tarceva success for my husband and everyone else who is trying it. I'm also praying a lot, too!

Love to all,

Peggy

Hi Everybody,

I know this is way too premature, but I can't help but be optimistic and excited. My husband said today that the discomfort he was having in his right hip has backed off about 90%. That was the only area where he was having noticeable problems with the bone mets.

He has been on Tarceva for only 6 days, but Bill's wife had miraculous results with Tarceva in a short period of time, so I can't help but have a lot of hope.

I also know that Fay A. had good results, and I'm very anxious to hear how Tina's husband's scan results (Charlie) come out, as well as TAnn and Mr. Ry's next scans, as well as others. I know that Tina says Charlie is feeling a lot better.

Soooo, anyway, I'm raising a cup of Starbuck's to Tarceva success for my husband and everyone else who is trying it. I'm also praying a lot, too!

Love to all,

Peggy

Peggy :

IMO 6 days is about right to notice early improvement. My wife had her all-important ( and hopefully PET confirming ) chest CT scan yesterday so results from that should be coming in within a couple of days. I have the CD and I took a peak. I did my amateur comparison vs. her 1/20/05 chest CT and I see what looks to me like a big improvement but beyond that I don't want to speculate and will just have to sweat out the rad report.

Good luck and I hope that your husband sees further improvement as the days go by.

Peggy!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that your husband is getting some relief and I'm hoping that it is from the Tarceva. I wish I were raising a cup of Starbucks on my end, but it's just some plain old Folger's! I'm with you in spirit and celebration. It's NEVER too early to be optimistic. Keep us posted on the continued progress.

Peggy,

Great news!

Charlie has gotten scan results and he is stable. He will be rescanned in another 3 weeks. Also, after about a week on Tarceva, he had enough strength to clean out the gutters (this was back in Jan.). I had hoped for better results. But, when you think about it--the cancer was going 100 miles per hour and now it is stopped--it is great news, too. Take care and enjoy these good/better days. They are a gift from God. Miracles DO happen!!!

Peggy,

This is wonderful news. So glad hubby is feeling better and is not in that horrible pain. I get my latest scan results tomorrow, I've been on Tarceva for 3 full months now. My first scan was "same, stable". I've noticed an increase in my pain which is located in my back just under my shoulder blade and that has me a little worried.

I wonder why they don't have something like Tarceva for SCLC. They need to get to work on that ASAP!

Thanks for the great update Peggy.

TAnn

again, why can't there be something like Tarceva for SCLC?

Karen, I wish there was something like Tarceva for SCLC, too. On the flip side, I also wish that chemo worked as well on NSCLC as it did on SCLC. And then on other flip sides, I also wish SCLC didn't grow so fast, and I wish that NSCLC wasn't so common, and I wish, I wish, I wish.

I also wish that we knew that Tarceva would work forever, but so far, there hasn't been any such guarantee. My hope and prayers are always that we can all keep beating it back and back and back, and, who knows, maybe tomorrow, maybe next Wednesday, maybe in June, maybe next year, something else will be out there that promises a complete cure, or at least something else that will knock it back some more.

No matter how we look at it, all cancer, and any life-threatening disease is a horrible thing for any of us to go through.

My prayers are once again extended to everyone on this board, and Karen, I pray that chemo is doing it's knock-it-dead routine on David.

Love,

Peggy

At three days on Tarceva I felt different...so much so that I was "cautiously optimistic" about it working...by day 7 there was no doubt in my mind that it was working....but I had to wait about 3 more weeks for CT-PET Fusion Scans to confirm what my body was telling me.

I certainly hope this is the case for your husband. That would be truly excellent news...

Peggy

This is the best news I have heard in awhile, everyone seems to be doing great on Tarceva. These stories are amazing, I hope this is the miracle drug you have been looking for.

Hes gonna be back on that motorcycle before you know it.

Take care

Love,

Kim