Hospitalized Again

AdaW

Dear Friends,

I wanted to keep you updated because you may be wondering where I've been this past week. You may remember that I had 3 cancerous tumors (subcutaneous mets) removed in Pittsburgh at the end of June. We travelled back home to GA this past weekend and it was a very difficult trip. I had terrible pains in my legs and one of the surgical sites seemed infected. I was also running a fever. The pains in my legs were so intense, I cried--not usual for me. All of this began after I was released by the surgeon last Friday--so this was no one's fault.

I saw the oncologist this past Monday and he immediately admitted me to the hospital here in Marietta with what he thought was an absess. I had another surgery, but they could not find any infection. I also had an MRI and they didn't find a tumor on the spine. What a week.

I spent 5 days in the hospital on IV fluids and antibiotics. My leg pain is diminished but not gone entirely. I am so glad to be home. I am very tired so I am on my way to a nap, but I wanted to update you just in case you were wondering about me.

I've been thinking of all of you and praying for you. It's good to be back.

Ada

WELCOME HOME ADA,

SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK IN YOUR OWN SUROUNDINGS. HOME ALWAYS MAKES ONE FEEL BETTER.

IF IT TAKES A LOT FOR YOU TO CRY, BOY, I WOULD HAVE HAD THE CAR FLOODED.....

HOPE EACH DAY YOU DO BETTER.

BY THE WAY, WHAT IS A SUBCUTANIOUS MET?

Hi Ada;

I'm so very sorry you went through all that, :(:( ; but glad you are home and looking like your back in the recovery mode again.

God bless and stay well, always in my prayers!

Bobmc - NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Dear Norme,

You asked about subcutaneous mets. Lung cancer tends to spread to certain organs more often than it does others: liver, brain, lymph nodes etc. Sometimes it spreads underneath the skin and this is what I have --lumps beneath the skin or as my reports say "subcutaneous mets." I thought getting rid of them through surgery would be a breeze (compared to lung surgery) and it hasn't been a breeze. Hopefully I'm on the mend.

Take care,

Ada

Dear Ada,

I was just thinking today that I would PM you, as I had missed seeing any posts from you for awhile. I am so sorry for your pain and troubles. You are always in my prayers and I hope you are feeling better every day.

Hi Ada,

I see you as a very strong person and a true fighter! Keep fighting! This is what I tell my husband and it seems to work!! :)

I hope you feel better soon!

Cuddle up w/a good book and your favorite jammies. I do this and it feels like total pampering and it makes me feel better. :)