In shock!!!!!

Guest Teddie/Amy

Guest Teddie/Amy

Hi everyone, I feel strength and hope on this message board. We are new to all of this and really having a hard time digesting what's being told to us with Teddie's sister. Last Friday, (June 10th) my sister-in-law was diagnosed with NSCLC/stage3 in left lung. Two golf ball size tumors involving the primary bronchus and mid lung. The biopsy showed at least two of the Lymph nodes involved in the area. Yesterday, (Monday) a Pet Scan was completed. She returns to her doc this Thursday for first round of chemo with Gemzar and Carboplatin. They may change her treatment if more is involved in her organs. Forgive me if I'm not using the correct language, we are learning as we go along. This is a LARGE family of 12 brothers and sisters and when one hurts, they all hurt.......

Thank you so much for allowing us to lean on all of you. We will post again Friday with an update. God bless.

Hi Teddie, welcome. Shock, yes most all of us have been there. Glad to hear the doctor is not waisting any time and got treatment started quickly. Waiting to hear your update. Donna G

I understand the shock and I am sure anxiety that you are feeling right now. It sounds like your doctors are on target with treatment. My prayers and support are with you and your family.

Carol

Dear Teddy/Amy,

Let me shock you in another way. I am a stage 3A-B and I'm still here 10 years later. :D This crud can be beat. That you need to know!

The shock your in right now is very painful and I'm going to go out on a limb and say, your not holding much hope right about this time. Well...... there really are MANY long term Lung Cancer Survivor's all over the world.

I hope I am able to take your shock and turn it into hope for all of you. Your feelings are real and every one of us has been where you are. It stinks!

But, Lung Cancer IS BEATABLE! HONEST!

Stay with us, and keep us posted. You'll find a lot of information and support here.

Best wishes,

Connie B.

Welcome Ted and Amy,

Sorry you had to find us. But you have found the most wonderful caring and knowledgable people anywhere.

Sorry to hear about about you sister-in-law. The most important thing is to start treatments ASAP. Also and most important, LC is not a death sentence. We beat the odds all the time.

Keep us posted on her progress. It seems she will have many, many family member sending prayers and being there for her.

take care

Maryanne

Guest Teddie/Amy

Thank all of you for being so supportive. A computer is being set-up for Nancy and we have told her about this wonderful forum. We will let her decide if she wants Teddie to post the latest Friday, because there's a good chance she will. She is a strong willed woman and truly is the backbone of our family. It is now our turn to do all we can to see her through this journey....... together.

Amy

Hey there Amy and Teddie.

You are certain to find out most of what you have questions for on this website. As you have found out, it is a wonderful place to find support; whether it's those stricken with the disease or their caregivers -- all here have "been there, done that". Ask lots of questions. And Connie is right, anyone can beat the odds. Have lots of hope and try to always stay strong -- that includes Nancy. Take care.

David P.

I thought I had welcomed you but just realized I haven't. I'm sorry you're living with this now, but I'm glad you're here. I am in the info-gathering phase right now, too but the more I hear the more I feel my mom has a real shot at beating it. there's so much scary stuff out there about LC in general, it's so good to come here where everyone is so supportive and really knows how to temper the good with the bad. your sister is so blessed to have you all. my brother and I are still kind of feeling out how we can focus on mom, and support each other a bit at the same time. we'll work it out, though.

love, prayers and good wishes,

xoxo

bunny

Hi again Teddie and Amy: I responded to your other post too. I had an afterthought that Nancy might talk to her oncologist about adding avastin to the chemo cocktail. It is a new combo and has had good results. Incidentally, I come from a large family too. I am the oldest of 13.

Don M

Hello Teddie and Amy,

I am welcoming you but feel sad that you are here.

You are in the top group for understanding and

help.

Keep us posted on the treatments and somebody

will be able to answer the questions you may

have.

J.C.

• 3 weeks later...

I think like bbabs says , im sorry you needed this support in the first place , but these guys really helped me through the worst time of my adult life , we have all been / going through similar experiences ourselves so anything we can do to support you just let us know , its hard i know , but keep spirits up around you , and around your relative , it helped me and my grandfather .