So far, so good!

SDianneB

The bad news -- typical for the Oncologist's office, I had to sit around all morning waiting while they tried to shove everyone into one day because of the July 4th holiday. Ugh.

But ... counts are good -- really good in fact. Not even in range of thinking about any injections or transfusions or the like. I feel good really -- food problems are gone, and I've adjusted in order to keep the weight at least stable, or to lose no more than a pound or so a week.

The BEST news - the Topo is shrinking the mets. Yay! "Significantly" says the Onc., and that this is "extremely good" progress at this point in the chemo regimen (completed 2 rounds).

Liver profile still shows some high values, so I'll wait a week before starting the Topo again. They have decreased "dramatically" since the GB flare up and I had the permanent stent placed, but doc says they need to come down a little more, and she believes that will happen this week.

All in all, it was a good visit and a good result with the Topotecan. I very much needed this motivation to keep on going, which I will. I can only take one day at a time, one foot in front of the other.

Di

As I told you earlier, Toots....I'm just delighted with this news! Keep it up. You're sort a pioneer since you're on the oral Topo...and we want it to rock that cancer right out of you and leave you to dance with NED! 8)

I'm heading to Cin's place to celebrate your shrinkage~!! :D Third barstool from the door. Bald woman, wearing a "Don't Worry" pin, drinking a Transfusion with a drizzle of vanilla vodka and picking the rice crackers out of the bar mix. If you look real close...you'll see a little peach fuzz on my bare legs. Can't quite get myself up for leg shaving again, even tho there's some fuzz there. :roll:

Pull up a stool...your first tiddly is on me!

Di..

Fan-tas-tic!

I just love it when you do so good! I think alot of it has to do with your attitude. You have an amazing, powerful, and positive vibe going on. And you do your homework to make sure you get the best treatment that you can. You are an inspiration and a wonderful force.

Keep up the good work! You are blazing the way for many!

I will be the on the forth barstool in.... I am the one with the left pit shaved. I save the other one for another day as I can stay in the shower only so long before I poop out. :lol:

love, Cindi o'h

I will be the on the forth barstool in.... I am the one with the left pit shaved. I save the other one for another day as I can stay in the shower only so long before I poop out.

I can't quit chuckling. Cin...you are so sick! :wink: I just love that in a person. Hehehehehe.

With my unshaven legs and your one pit....I get the feeling we'll be going home alone tonight....don't you? :roll: Unless we find a couple of guys at the pub who mistake us for.....uh.....German shorthairs. Can you point? :lol::wink:

(I'm gonna quit while I'm behind here and go get some more coffee or a donut or something. I think I've delved into the above territory about as far as I should go.....ya think? :? )

Hi Di,

Congratulations on the good news. Just keep it comming. :D

Still wondering about this shave thing between Cindy an Addie. Where was I when this was going on??? :roll: And now a lease and a a stainless bowl?? :roll::roll::roll:

Anyway you all, have fun. :wink:

Di... I am so happy for ya. :mrgreen:

Maryanne