Justakid needs our prayers.

cindi o'h

Hey all.

Justakid is struggling right now. With all the physical problems that she has, her spirit has sunk to a new low. Not only does she have lc and the treatments, recurrence and side effects that have come down the pike at her, she also is struggling right now with enormous depression. I am just beside myself with a helpless feeling.

Beth's mom is reading to her from the Holy Bible, hoping to find something that will help her. Beth is having a tough time believing that anything or anyone can help her.

I asked her if it was all right if I summon the prayers of the good folks in this group. She really would love to have prayers said for her. Please, please, pray to our Father in Heaven to release her from this grip of depression. Please pray that Beth will feel the power and strength and love of our Greatest Healer in every cell in her body. Please ask that all of your families pray for justakid and your friends and church members too. Please pray that the Holy Angels will bring light to her soul.

Thank you all so very much!

Cindi o'h

Cindi,

My heart aches for Beth and her family. She is so young and has such young children. I hate that life is not fair.

I hope that somehow she allows the joy of life to enter her heart. I hope even more that she has not given up.

Of course I will remember her in my prayers.

Beth,

I want you to know I am praying very hard for you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you. In my mind I can still see the picture that you posted of yourself a while back. I want to see a big smile on that face. If you only knew how much you are loved here. Ever since you came , you were so damn funny that you put laughter into my darkest, scariest days. It always saddened me to see how young you are and I've asked God why, many many times not only for you , but for all of us patients and caregivers. I guess we will be rewarded with the answers when we go to live with him.

Beth, I don't know what I want to say to you. I'm rambling. I'm just beside myself to think of you sad or depressed. It's not you. I pray you find your smile. There's one thing in this world that keeps me going and that is when I see Mike smile. He never realized that, but once I told him , he gives me that gift every chance he gets. It helps me to get through my days and it helps him as well. :wink: I just want you to find your fighting spirit again and come out here and make us laugh again (you still have that girl with the droopy boobs-oh God she was so funny). We need you. God Bless you Beth. I'm praying hard for you to find your fighting spirit and for your healing .

Love and Prayers ,

Sue

Beth,

I am continuing to pray for you. So sorry you are down in the dumps. You certainly deserve to be depressed with all you have been through...I can't image and won't try to pretend that I can. I will pray for complete healing from the cancer, the depression and other associated health issues. We are here for YOU!! Take care.

Beth,

Honey, honey, we are so sad to hear that you are so understandably bummed.

this whole freakin' thing is a bummer.

It is sad that you have pain.

It is unfair that you are so young and have such 'old' problems.

It is sad that your husband is feeling helpless to help you.

It is absolutly maddening that you can not seem to catch a break.

All true and all honestly felt reactions and emotions.

Go ahead and feel sad and bummed and downright depressed..........then listen to your mom. Listen to our God. Listen to all of us who are pulling for you. Listen to our hearts beating w/ yours.

Here is how I like to think about our God:

Remember after Adam and Eve sinned? Remember they were ashamed of their nakedness and tried to make clothing of fig leaves?

Well our God ~YOUR GOD ~ made clothing from animal skins and clothed Adam and Eve.

He did not toss it on the ground near them and tell them to get dressed........HE CLOTHED THEM. Can't you hear HIM? asking how they fit? Were they comfortable? He did that for the children who had disobeyed him.

HONEY, HE LOVE US, HE really really loves us. He knows your name.

I believe that God writes straight w/ crooked lines.

We don't get it........I don't know why you have to go through this.

It sux, but I HONESTLY BELIEVE that YOUR God is with you on the journey.

Honey, I want to hug you, cook dinner for hubby and kids and sit w/ your mom and bring her coffee.

I can't but honestly I am doing all that in my heart and I am praying my *ss off. I know God hears us all crying out to Him to bring you calm. I know He will lead you to still waters and bring you peace. I pray He hurries....(and I am glad He has a sense of humor!)

Love

Pat

Oh Beth--

I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time right now. With all that you've been through, I can't say I'm surprised that you're depressed. My husband has always told me that "Life is not fair." You are a perfect example of that statement. I'm praying hard that you get a well-deserved break and some healing, both physically and emotionally, from all you've been through. You remain in my prayers.

Gail P-m

Beth,

I'm crying as I think of how your despair is draining the spark from you. Please don't give up now. Not now. You don't feel you have the emotional or physical energy to fight right now - that's okay. Just rest then. Just snuggle down under the covers or let someone put their arms around you and rock you. Take a vacation from fighting and just become a sponge for love and care. Soak up love and care from those around you.

You'll get your second wind again soon. You really will. This is a time to rest, to let medicines take up the fight for you. You will never be abandoned or forgotten or ignored. Here's a poem I read tonight before I came to the site.

And A Meadow Lark Sang

"The child whispered, 'God, speak to me'

And a meadow lark sang.

The child did not hear.

So the child yelled, 'God, speak to me!'

And the thunder rolled across the sky

But the child did not listen.

The child looked around and said,

'God let me see you' and a star shone brightly

But the child did not notice.

And the child shouted,

'God show me a miracle!'

And a life was born but the child did not know.

So the child cried out in despair,

'Touch me God, and let me know you are here!'

Whereupon God reached down

And touched the child.

But the child brushed the butterfly away

And walked away unknowingly."

Ravindra Kumar Karnani

(This poem was originally

written in the Hindi language.)

There is a butterfly on your cheek, Beth. God is holding you every moment.

Bless you,

Leslie

Prayers for you going thru this awful diease of cancer and then the awful diease of depression. I have been there. It is bad but God can really help you. You just have to trust him. I sure hope things start going right for you real soon.

Thoughts and Prayers

Nancy

Beth,

I think about you and pray for you each and every day. I am so sorry that you are feeling such horrible depression. I can certainly understand how that could happen though. It seems that from the beginning you have had more on your plate than anyone deserves. Know that we are all here for you and praying with all of our might that you might find peace and comfort and healing soon.

Nina