Bad News- UPDATE- see Grieving Forum

stand4hope

I talked to the nurse early this morning, and Don had a very bad night. They had to give him two heart medicines, something to increase his blood pressure, and he is back on 100% ventilator support.

The doctor also just called me. The preliminary results show “diffuse alveoli damage most likely caused by chemotherapy", and they are going to seek a second opinion. He has “Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)”, and “severe heart problems”. A cardiologist has been called in. He said that even if he recovers he is looking at a long-term ordeal, including a trache and feeding tube. They plan to start a feeding tube today. Don never wanted this, especially a trache on a ventilator. His prognosis is not good. I have told them to tell me if there is no hope and he said they would, and the next 72 hours would tell. The doctor said they are going to do everything they can to reverse this damage, but it is going to be difficult.

I’m leaving for the hospital now. I am keeping our families and friends updated, and since you guys are my family, too, I will do the same for you.

Love to all,

Peggy

Dear, dear Peggy,

So much has been going on for you it has been difficult to keep up. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it is for you at this time.

Thank you for the picture. You are a beautiful woman and that Don is certainly handsome. You make such a striking couple and I appreciate being able to now "see" you when you write to us.

I am a loss as to what to say at this time. So many of the previous posts have touched on what my words would be. So all I could think of was to put just a few words down here.

Today our hearts are heavy

You're in our each and every thought.

May you rest some and renew your strength

This battle's not done being fought.

We are standing here behind you

To lift you up and help you fight.

Accept please what we have to offer

To our hearts we'll hold you tight.

So our wishes, thoughts, and prayers and vibes

Are all sent from us to you.

Hope that knowing we're all here for you

Will somehow help to see you through.

((((Peggy and Don)))),

Kasey

Peggy...

I hardly know what to say. :( Please know I'm keeping you both in my thoughts, hoping for the very best.

I'm so sorry it's come to all this...and hope there a good chance to reverse what is going on. It may be "difficult" but you and Don have faced difficult a few times already. Here's to doing it again, sweetie.

Thinking of you......

Peggy -

I have tried all day to find the right words and they just won't come - my heart is aching for you. I will keep you and your boys in my thoughts and prayers, and in my heart! There are thousands of miracles out there - I just know that one will land on your doorstep.

(((((Peggy and the boys)))))))

Much Love,

Amy