Next Week

Fay A.

Met with the Med Onc late last week and the Surgeon early this week.

They feel pretty confident that this is another cancer. But because the treatment has a 50% mortality rate they want another Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy before they are willing to risk my life with chemo and surgery.

So, one day next week I will be having another FNAB (I hate those things), and a Picc Line put in. Chemo with Navelbine and Gemzar is being set up for the following week, 2 cycles to be done 2 weeks apart, followed with a scan and a wedge resection of my upper left lung. Tomorrow I meet with the Neurologist, and the Radiation Oncologist to discuss the headaches, the brain tumor, more Radiation.

I would appreciate any and all prayers. The risks are high, but to do nothing is riskier.

Fay,

I so agree with gerbil runner who said, "If sheer grit could beat cancer, you'd be the healthiest one here." i couldn't have said it any better. You have all my prayers (they should be arriving at any moment) today and I promise I'll keep sending them in copious quantitities.

gail p-m

Well Fay, you know how I feel about you.. I won't gush.

Remember, this isn't your first run at the rodeo, and you kicked *ss before. No reason to think that you won't kick it again. You are good at kicking cancer *ss.

I am sorry that you have to go through all this. Hang in there woman!

Fay, the way I look at it, it ain't over until you have every item that is mentioned in the medical books. Now, while you have a mighty long list, you haven't even finished the A section yet.

Grit is a very mild word to describe your strength. I bet you can make it 50 years on knowledge and determination, without any medical interference.

But just to help your odds, my dear Fay, I am sending many words heavenward asking for guidance for your doctors and nothing but a return to NERD for you.

Fay,

You are one of the smartest and toughest women I know. If anyone can beat this thing it is you. Whatever happens I pray that you and your doctors make the right decisions for you and that your results are good without alot of illness associated with the treatments.

Keep up all of the good work.

Nina

Well, Fay....I guess we head back into tx together. You know you have my best wishes...and I know I've got yours.

Let's kick some cancer a$$, okay? This was supposed to be a month of good news...and some of us have sort of turned that on it's ear...but maybe we can turn it around again and head into a Splendid September, eh?

Wishing you only the best. Stay tough, Fay. Watching you helps me face what's ahead for me, too!

Fay, I'm so sorry you have another battle to fight against this beast. We all know how strong you are, I just hate that you have to keep proving it! Why won't this d*&^% disease just GIVE UP and leave you alone?! You are in my thoughts and prayers more than usual...

BeckyCW