Getting to Know You - October 5

Ann

You're about to depart on a vacation you have dreamed about all of your life. Money is no object, as everything has been prepaid by an anoymous donor. Where is your destination and tell us about your trip!

I would like to go back to Australia and New Zealand. Lucie and I went there in 1989, but only for two weeks. We only saw the north island and not the south island where so much of "Lord of the Rings" series was filmed. Beautiful!

In Australia, we saw the Sydney area, Ayres Rock in the Outback country, and the Great Barrier Reef (snorkeled) off Cairns. Would like to see Melbourne and the west part of Australia. Don

I'm going surfing on some quaint, non-touristy island that has a beautiful beach and killer waves. I guess I'd better find a nice surf instructor, since I've never done this before. Since $$ is no object, I'm taking my family and my best friend.

See you under the palm tree!

:) Kelly

Alan and I will be going to the Cyman Islands, flying 1st class. we will have a private bungalow just steps from the water. The sand is white, warm and soft. Our days will be spent letting the hot sun soak to our bones, we will snorkel, take long naps together and our nights will be spent walking hand in hand along the beach as the sun sets. As it will be over out 14th wedding anniversary (this april 4th)we will have a romantic dinner and enjoy looking back on how fast these 14 years have gone by. (our 13th anniversary was spent in the hospital)

Debbie

Husband Alan DX with limited small cell lung cancer Jan 10th 2005

Italy of course...My husband and I would sip wine, eat food and drink cappucinos outdoors while listening to live music and also enjoying romantic dinners. We would visit Tuscany and take in the countryside. Then I would travel to Southern France or Spain to lounge on the beaches reading, reading and more reading, oh and maybe get a massage too.

My hubby and I would go to a little Island off the coast of Belize called San Pedros. I went there once and it's the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We will stay at the Belizian Yacht Club and visit the Mayan Ruins. Who knows what else.

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

If I don't have to worry about violence and terrorism and faulty travel methods (no wrecks of the ferry/plane/bus/car/train...) I might actually travel, otherwise, that very generous person will have my hard landscaped to a lush paradise complete with a greenhouse oasis. I'll be able to sip fruity beverages with the cabana boy in January for years to come!

I would LOVE to have time in my completed yard, no phone, no urge to drive out the ol' lawnmower, just kick back and ENJOY my abode.

Travel? I've seen pictures of a resort in Fiji. The little glassbottom huts are in the water with a dock running to the mainland and the water is so blue...I'd LOVE to be able to watch the fishies through the floor - but it would be disconcerting to see another tourist's face as he snorkled under my room...hmmmm...

I'll have to get back to you after perusing the Travel Channel... 8)

I've always wanted to go to Australia and New Zealand, too. Would be nice to spend some time in Hawaii, Fiji and other places in that general vicinity while I'm at it. Just Charlie part of the time to celebrate our upcoming 25th wedding anniversary and the whole family for the rest.

I'm with Becky. I'm not much of a traveler. I don't know why, but I've just never really enjoyed getting too far away from home.

I would just love to have time to spend at my home, have friends over, get up when I wanted, go out to eat when I wanted, sit around and read books, cross stitch, play with my dogs, etc., etc. Ahhhh - now that's a perfect vacation to me.

Love,

Peggy

I would go back to Monocco, Monte Carlo ie: the entire French Riviera, and this time go with my Husband. 1st time before I went before I met him in 96.

We would go 1st class, best cars, clothes, yachts, money to gamble with, best food, wine, champagne. Lots of $ to go shopping for the kids, friends, and of course us!!!

Lots of time to memorize each others walk, eyes, hands, smell...Dance whenever we want to, eat whatever, whenever. Choc cake and champagne in bed every night.

Time to share all the dreams for our lives and time to live the dream...

Now that I think of it. I'd stay here, eat pizza on the floor in my family room and enjoy the laughter that echoes throughout the house!!!

After all I did say 1st class all the way!!!

Vicky

I have never wanted to cruise to some tropical paradise. I really don't like water but I have always dreamed of taking a cruise up the Inside Passage to Alaska. Once there I would want to take all of the Ferries and go from town to town and spend a few days in each place soaking up all of the local history and enjoying nature in it's purest form.

this is really hard to choose only one place to go....if money is not a problem, then i would go round the world trip...i wish to visit Fiji, Antactica (sp?), Western/eastern Africa, Southern France, Switzerland, South Island of New Zealand.

Don, I love New Zealand and Australia very much. I had my honeymoon with husband there. It was fabulous vacation that I ever had, probably I like snorkelling, Fishing as well as getting close to dolphins, Penguin, Koala and Kangaroo etc plus having adventureous activities such as hot airballooning etc.

:D I didn't go to south island of New Zealand, only North too...didn't get a chance to see Whales...will do definitely.

I would like to go back to Hawaii. It is so beautiful there. I fell in love with Maui.

My husband really would love to go on a cruise to Alaska.

Speaking about Alaska, Uncle Doug should be back by now. Where is he anyway???

Maryanne

• 2 weeks later...