Getting to Know You - October 8

Ann

Ann where do you come up with these Queries?? In my whole life i've had maybe one absolute best friend but lot's of friend's. What made him a best friend was neither of us tried to live the other's life and when i was in the wrong he was first to correct me and vice versa. My best friend would actually cry if i was hurt or any number of thing's that would hurt me and let me tell you he was all man and was one of the tougher and better fighter's i've known. BUT MY BEST OF BEST FRIEND'S IS MY *WIFE*.....

Someone who knows my faults, and loves me anyway. She brings me up when I am down, and knows how to keep a secret. Would be here at the drop of the hat if needed.

Thats Dena my best friend since 3rd grade

Maryanne

Jim was my best friend.

Koko is my best girlfriend.

My sister Linda is my best sister-friend.

They all share something in common. They love me no matter my faults. And I love them regardless of theirs. And I would throw my body in front of the train without one thought if it could save them from pain, suffering, or death.

(I always said if there was such a thing as a complete tumor-transplant, I would have begged Jim to let me have his.)

My best friends and I are able to tell each other the truth as we see it. We don't always agree, but we respect one anothers right to their opinion. We are open minded with one another. We love each other as we really are, faults and all. We understand that true friends sometimes hurt one another, but it is never deliberate. And most importantly, we know that the trust we have in one another is based upon our love for each other. We keep our secrets, as long as our secrets will not result in harm to someone. Don't tell me you're thinking of killing yourself and expect me not to find appropriate help for you.

I don't have 1 best friend I have numerous...I am so blessed to have a group of amazing women who know me and love me anyway, even when I don't love myself so much. They teach me so much about friendship, love, compassion and acceptance.

We've been through so much together, weddings, births, more births, infertility, cancer (my 1 friends dad died of lung cancer 3 years ago, and her mil has sclc now. ) and 2 of my other friends are sisters and their father died of prostate cancer 2 yrs ago, after and 8 year battle. And yet another friends mother died last year of throat cancer and emphazema.

They are all 7-10 years younger than I, and they look to me for wisdom...don't let them know all the wisdom

I've attained is from them...

They make me proud to call myself WOMAN.

Vicky

Like others have said about their spouses, Dennis was my best friend. Sue is my very best female friend. She is someone that I can always count on and know she will be there for me. We share both good and bad times. I know that anything I say to her is confidential and will never be repeated. She gives me great advice and is not hesitant to correct me when I am wrong. She supports me in all I do. She was there for me, holding my hand and giving me her shoulder to cry on during Dennis' illness. She is my rock!

Johnny was my all time best friend. He loved me for who I am and never found fault with me. I could tell him anything and never feel that he was judging me. He also felt free to tell me things he would never tell anyone else and know that I would never judge him or find fault with him.

To me a best friend is someone who accepts you as you are and knows that you will do the same for them. A best friend is like I once said about love. They pick you up when you are down and lift you higher when you are high.

I have made several good friends in the past few years. One is right here giving us all of these things to get us thinking all of the time. Thanks Ann. Having you as a friend is very special.

Someone who loves me despite my faults. Someone who does not judge me and accepts me for who I am.

I am lucky, I have a few best friends. I don't have a thousand friends, I am not a social butterfly, but the friends I have a true dear friends.

A best friend is someone you can trust with you're life, shares you're hopes. dreams and wants them for you. A best friend respects you, loves you, listens to you and makes you feel like the most special person in the world.

My very best friend in this world is my husband Larry.

God Bless you all,

Jane

Someone that will be there when you need them most. Some only come around when THEY need something and when you need them, they are nowhere to be found.

Here is a quote that a friend gave me some 35 years ago....

True friends are like diamonds; precious but rare.

False friends are like autumn leaves; found everywhere.