Oh baby. Hospice - Most bittersweet..

hollyanne

All -

I gave a birth to a beautiful baby girl - Caroline Anne on December 20th at 7:54. She was 8 lb 2 oz of love. As many of you know my mom worsened substantially right before she was born -- and we induced the baby to "get her out."

We have stopped all treatment for my mom and called hospice. I am so shocked at how fast this has all gone. I am devastasted. On top of this all (this may seem small) - but my Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Maggie was just diagnosed with kidney disease -- she is my constant canine companion -- we don't know how long she will be around and she is only 3 years old.

I don't know how much more I can take... it is all so bittersweet. I know I have a lot to be thankful for....but some days keeping that attitude is next to impossible.

Our hospice team is amazing - and I have great confidence in them....please lend me your prayers. A newborn, no sleep, my mom in decline and my brown canine friend sick is a lot for me right now.

All my love to you,

Holly

Holly, I am thrilled to hear of the arrival of that perfect baby girl, but so sad for everything else you're going through and the timing of it all. you will get through this, hang on to Caroline - she's hope incarnate.

we'd love a picture.

I pray for peace for you and your mom, and for strength in this sad time.

xoxo

amie

Hello Holly,

Congratulations for Carolin Anne,

Sorry for your mother that all treatments

she had didn't buy her years of health.

The good team of hospice will help her,

they are good to manage pain and care

for their patients.

We had hospice for my husband and the nurses

were like friends to both of us.

Maggie, depending on the kidney sickness,

she may have years or many months left,

some kidney sickness can be controlled

others can be medicated or treated.

So a smile for you and Caroline and prayers

for your Mom and Maggie.

Love

Jackie

Holly,

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. A new baby is such a wonderful gift , but it can be emotional time, in itself, and so full of newness and uncertainties. You have your hands full Holly. I am so sorry to hear about your mom , but I do hope that Hospice can be helpful and comforting to you and your family. As for your dog, I hope something can be done to treat her . My advice to you is to accept all the help that is offered to you. You have just to much to handle alone. Know that I am sending prayers your way.

Love,

Sue

Hollyanne!

CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!!!!! Have been waiting on pins and needles for news. Well done!

So sorry this tremendous adrenaline-rush, joy is mixed with the completely opposite experience with your mom. Must be very confusing and very exhausting. And then your dear doggie friend! I know all about that worry. Hopefully, things will improve and not be as dire as you might worry.

Can YOUR doctor give you someting to help with all this emotion? I mean, post-baby hormones are hard enough on anyone under any circumstances.

Keep us posted. Thinking of you every day and sending all caring thoughts to your mom.

Leslie

Beautiful baby!

I'm so glad your mother got to see her.

I agree with Leslie, maybe a trip

to your doctor for something to help

you get through this is in order.

You are going to be dealing with one

of the happiest times of your life

as well as one of the hardest times

of your life. Too much for anyone.

Kathy

Dear Holly,

So much going on, the baby is so beautiful........ I am sending prayers for your Mom, I so understand the pain in watching the decline. My Dad is doing poorly and I will soon be calling hospice. I am so sorry to hear about your dog too.......I have 2 german shepards and they are like 2 extra kids to me. I hope your dog will recover. Thinking of you and sending prayers

NancyT

Holly,

Congratulations on the baby girl. Caroline is a beautiful name. I remember the long nights with no sleep. That part will get better and the first smile will make your heart so proud and happy.

It is very hard to see someone you love not doing well. For me, the hardest of all was my mother. I understand your grief there.

The little fur friend is another hard thing to deal with. Your emotions have to be all over the place right now. Prayers from me will be frequent in the next weeks and months. I hope hospice helps your mother and can help you accept the situation to some degree. You certainly have your plate full at this time.

Give Caroline a big hug from all of us and tell her she is an angel.

Nina

Congratulations on your beautiful Caroline.

You can tell by your posts how tired you are. Things are so hectic there is no time Holly. I hope you have help with the baby and you get a break and get some sleep. You will feel so much better with some rest.

Hospice is wonderful, and they know exactly what to do to make a patient comfortable.

Prayers sent to your mom. Also sending some to you as you seem like you certainly could use some.

Enjoy Caroline, she will be your salvation through all of this.

Maryanne

I'm so happy everything went well with the birth of Caroline. She is sooooo CUTE! I love the pictures.

I'm very sorry you had to call in hospice for your Mom. I know how hard that can be, it seems so final. But my Dad has been in hospice for three months now, so don't ever give up hope. I hope your Mom gets to spend lots of time with Caroline.

Denise

I forgot to mention that I'm so sorry about Maggie. It IS horrible to have to think about losing a pet. I had to put my beautiful, Bernese Mountain Dog/Australian Shepard to sleep due to cancer in 2003. I rescued her when she was 12 years old and she was such a dear friend. Her name was Maggie also.

Anyway..hope your mama is doing okay and you are getting some rest here and there...

Cathy