Getting to Know You - January 27

Ann

At work, I'm a definite planner. I have everything ultra organized and am always on time with everything.

At home, I tend to be a procrastinator. I think this is because I am so burned out from being a planner 8 hours a day at work. I have really great intentions of getting so many things done but then, I end up saying..."What the heck, I'll do it tommorrow."

My best friend is a definite planner and I have to tell you she sometimes drives me crazy. Everything is always planned and done really far in advance. Although being a planner is a good thing, I don't like to see people take it to the extreme. So...guess I'll just be happy to be a planner when I'm paid for it....lol!

I too have a split personality. But it is not as clear cut as you guys. Example, I really do plan with lists etc, but I procrastinate on doing it. I approach most things like a jigsaw. My winter project is to get my basement organized. So, everyday, I descend into the depths of chaos and do a couple of things.

My woman's club has a party every year in March, and it is always at my house. Well, the party it 3/18 and I already have the game prizes, the St. P napkins etc. I will be mostly set up by the 3/13. This my friends find obnoxious.

Ginny....I am so impressed...and envious. I'm always one of those last minute gals.

I make lists...but then forget to take them with me to the store...lol

Is that old age or unorganized????

Ginny and Bunny, I knew there was a reason that I liked you both so much........I'm looking in a mirror!

Having a dinner party? Everything's usually done by luch time.

Dinner at any other time? I quite often decide what to make just before I need to cook it (sometimes dinner is even late)!

Another split personality.

Geri

I used to be a total planner. I would lay awake at night planning my next day and all I had to do. I would get so caught up in what I had planned that I was living each day ahead of time and forgetting to live in the moment. If something interfered with my plans I would get frustrated and edgy.

All of that has changed. If it is something important I make plans and lists but I learned in the past 5 years that sometimes it is so much better to make plans but know that if occasion comes to change those plans it is a good thing. So now I plan what is really important and find myself procratinating about most other things. It always gets done but I enjoy having time to just enjoy the moment.

Well, I feel much better about myself now...I find myself in good company! I plan and plan, and then procrastinate. My MIL is coming in tomorrow...is the house clean as it should be? No. Guess what I;m doing tonight? I really meant to have it done. Do I get points for that???

On the other hand, my midquarters, which are due next Friday, are done today. Again, any bonus points?

:) Kelly

I am usually a VERY good planner. I'd be lost without my daily planner notebook. BUT this is my last semester of undergraduate college and i cant seem to get myself going. I might just be wandering into the procrastinator zone. Thats ok...i'd like to see what i've been missing all these years.

I procrastinate and manage to pull it all off at the last minute. Why bother planning?

Okay, not exactly true, I used to really try to plan things to the last minute but became so stressed when things were off by a bit that I had to stop that. I've learned to relax. I make lists for important things so I don't forget them (never had that problem before, but I do now) but am always running late because a meeting ran over or the phone rang or a million other things that can come up. Much easier to have an "elastic schedule" and just flow with it.

Count me in as a planning procrastinator. I make lists and plan things to the smallest details. But when it comes to actually doing it, I wait until the last possible moment. I usually have the excuse that I am just too busy or too tired right now and will get to it in just 5 minutes, which usually turns into 5 days. But after a lifetime of doing this I think I've perfected the cram session. I do my best work under pressure and last minute deadlines. Besides, what is life without a whole lot of stress, I just wouldn't know how to live without the stress.