Getting to Know You - August 07

Ann

Since my youngest son is getting married in three months, it seems like everything is about weddings right now for me.

What is the one thing that stands out the most in your mind, when you think of your wedding day?

How fast it went! I cannot believe it. It was a magical day for me, and I loved every minute of it. Of course, there were a few disagreements beforehand, and some interesting words said by all involved! haha! No wedding would be complete without them!

Enjoy it because it goes so, so quickly!

Jen

My first dance, with my uncle (my dad's brother) I think we were both missing my dad so much at that moment, but we held on to each other, instead. My Uncle Bob, never one to be comfortable with emotion, finally said quietly, "Just how long does this damn song go on?!?" We both started laughing.

That, and my flowers were so heavy--I couldn't wait to hand them off to my maid-of-honor!

:) Kelly

What is the one thing that stands out the most in your mind, when you think of your wedding day?

Stands out would be the operative words for me. I was VERY pregnant at the time. :shock: Fast forward twenty-nine years and that child has now been married for three years! My how time flies -- but I'm still with the love of my life and will continue to fight to keep him here with me. :D

walking down the aisle with my dad. dancing with my grandpa. laughing and smiling for probably 8 hours straight. when they opened the doors to the church, and I saw all those people, it was amazing. realizing everyone I loved was there (some looking down on me, smiling, since they were no longer with us). It was a wonderful day. 8 years later, looking back, I am so grateful that I was surrounded by so much love and support.

Have fun at your sons wedding!!

Earl and I were a second marriage, so it was no big hoopla. We got married in the living room of our house, (easy to make it look like a 'wedding parlor' since we had no furniture). Had 30 of our family and best friends there. Then we had catered hors..... and champagne, then took everyone to the best restaurant in town for a wonderful dinner in a private dining room.

What do I remember the most. Earl made a big deal over not getting a new suit since he wore them to work and had plenty. Mid way through the ceremony I looked over and realized that this man, who would be naked if I didn't buy his clothes, had sneaked out and bought a new suit. Well, of course, I blurted out, "You bought a new suit". Gotta a big laugh. So we started our married life on a laugh and laughed for the next 25 wonderful years.

We had a ball, we danced almost every dance. Then changed into our going away clothes (they don't do that anymore) then we went to a diner that is not there anymore, sat at the counter and got coffee.

Then the next day went on or honeymoon to the mountains... I remember the heart shaped bathtub. We had a ball as there were just young couples there. Not that we saw them that much.... :wink:

I also remember, my brother-in-law lent us his new convertible. It was awesome., Wish we had videos back then.

Maryanne :wink: