Very relieved Update

Aliboo

Hi Everyone, Sorry this has been a rough ride for Us. We Me and My boyfriend and his Family had no clue what we were in for. This last 2-3 weeks have been HELL. If there is such a place. One Thing caused EXTREME pressure on everyone. We all feel like we were doing enough or that we were helpless.We were also having problems swithching from his comany Ins. to Cobra. it caused a few unnessary problems. We passed through the first of many experiences like this. He was diagnosed in late May of NSCLC. Today we found out it is in only one lung and his bones. It also responded well to four weeks of radiation and chemo. He has gained 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. He had been losing weight up until then. he is back up to 2 meals per day which is what he was eating before plus snacks. Any kid would love my house. his sence of humor is back. I know this is the first test of many more to come. But we made it through the first one. We'll be a little more prepared for the next round. I would like to thank everyone for their support and E-mails and messages. I'm not sure if I would have made it through without all that help. I'll keep everyone up to date. Thanks , Aliboo

Hi Aliboo,

I'm glad things are better. I've found that there are some ups and downs but I have mostly ups. One thing you might request is for a mood elevator. My radiation onc put me on one as soon as he first saw me. Said I should be on it from now on. I think it does make a difference. I share my home with a twin sister. I always tell her to get a prescription because she cries about my condition. So I'm comforting her, not the other way around. I take lexapro, 10mg exch evening. No side effects.

Good luck.

mary

Hi Aliboo,

Great news. One step at a time, one pound at a time eh? I'm so happy that things are finally looking up for you. Tell your boyfriend to keep up the good work. And I'm sure you can take some of the credit for being such an awesome caregiver.

I scream, You scream, we all scream for Ice Cream. Here's to another five pounds.

Best,

Shirley

Thanks Everybody, As soon as I get some time I will do a profile. we really didn't have enough info before. He is also having a little problem with switching from his insurance to cobra. The Onocolgy Doctor would not administer the newlesta or the procrit. He then had an appointment with his radioligist at the hospital and they gave him the IV's. That doctor told us to fight for everything. My boyfriend is lucky his parents are able to help us a little. I know everybody is not so lucky. So we feel very fortunate. I will get back to everyone soon. Again Thank You All for the support, Aliboo(Mary)