just found this site

evalani1

After 3 years of clean scans, I just came back with a new "spiculated opacity" which could be scar tissue from recent pneumonia but those words have me really shook. I have just always assumed my scans would be completely clear, or I'd be in serious trouble, with none of this ambiguity and ongoing monitoring. Guess I'd better get used to it, huh?

43 year old single mom, quit smoking 5 years before the dx of adeno IIB in 7/03. Left upper lobectomy and chemo. Also deal with asthma and copd. Very active, work fulltime in sales, crazy 15 year old daughter, and I LOVE yoga, swimming, spinning, long walks, even try to jog. Still can barely believe it all even happened, some days.

I have had the darkness too, though. Spent many days wondering "What if I die?" It took what it took. Now I realize the better question is "What if I live??"

Glad you found us. This site is my lifeline to sanity.

I think what you are feeling is something we all feel after scans. Anything that comes into question sends a thunderbolt through us. Many, many of us are here with questionable nodules, and we muddle through.

And when my own question of mortality slaps me in the face I remember some lines of Bernie Siegel's

You are either living or your dead.

Stay close by

gail

Welcome evalani,

We have a very wise man here, Don Wood. What he would tell you right now is 'don't borrow trouble'. It is very difficult to deal with all the 'what if's, but right now you don't know what is what. Take a deep breath and TRY to wait until you hear there actually IS something to be worried about. Is there a chance you are facing a recurrence?? Maybe. Could it be scar tissue from your pneumonia?? Maybe. We have all dealt with being in these situations and it is hard indeed. You have those 3 years on your side. They are not a guarantee, but I would hang onto that right now to help get you through this unnnerving time.

Be sure to keep us updated...........we all care here.

Kasey

Hello and Welcome Evalani,

This board and the folks on it are life savers.

Sounds to me like you are living just fine,crazy daughter and all :wink: I know anxiety and the thoughts of what "if" can be very taxing at times. Read around this board and draw strength and inspiration from these wonderful folks. They get me through mine and my Dads dark days. I'd be lost without this place.

Best wishes to you and your family,

-Rod

Welcome and stay close to the site. I do not post often but tend to check in and read updates daily. These folks are a true inspiration. I am a person that has always been slow to ask for help but have learned to swallow my pride and admit I can do it all. Come back often to post updates or just vent. It truly does help.

Judy

Just want to say welcome. Glad you found us. We all dread waiting for CT results and always worry about any weird thing that shows up. We know what you are going through. I imagine in the future you will have another CT to compare this one to. Keep us posted. Donna G

Welcome!

this site keeps me sane and hopeful. I'm trying to learn not to worry until the dr.'s tell me they found a problem. Waiting for the scan results is part of this new life and I can't change that so I need to learn to roll with it. Stay positive and I will pray that you have good results.

Lilly

Welcome Evalani: "spiculated opacity" doesn't sound like a pretty term. I also don't like "worrisome" and "suspicious". I hope it turns out to be scar tissue. After three years of clean scans and the recent pneumonia, it is probably scar tissue.

Don M

Hi Evalani1, I agree 100% with Don. It looks like you are going back for another scan in early September, try (and i know it is hard) not to worry. Many of us have had these "worrisome" spots show up on one scan and disappear or remain unchanged on the next scan.

Barb

Evalani,

I sure hope it is scar tissue cause you have had clear scans for the same number of years I have. Its 3 and 1/2 for me but still I was hoping I was out of the big woods so to speak. I have my digits crossed and will be looking for your post in Sept.

Nina