Getting to Know You - August 21

Ann

On an average week, how many times do you go to the grocery store? I know that some of us are probably very organized and only make this trip once a week, while others just pop in when they need something.

supermarketmusic.gif

I do two "big" trips a month. 1 small trip each week for milk, yogurt, etc... I'll drop in another time or two if needed... Lot's of sandwiches in the summer = lots of trips to the store for fresh deli goods. I live in town, so I ride my bicycle to the store, rather than driving. All those little trips are probably good for me in that regard!

My usual routine is once a week and the occasional side trip if needed.

However I have found that I can go several weeks without a "real" shop if we live on the things in the freezer and pantry. Guess I'm ready if that hurricane or famine ever hits VT!!

Geri

Normally, I go shopping once a week and try to have in mind what I plan on cooking each day. But, when I am trying to diet, I find myself going more often, in hopes I can find something I like that won't pack on too many pounds. Thanks goodness that my supermarket is just about 5 minutes from my house!

I guess I shouldn't admit this, BUT.............Fred actually does almost all the shopping. Seems that in July of '04 I suffered a severe herniated disc and could literally do nothing. Then in Sept. I received an LC dx. Fred took over and has continued to do so. I would say HE goes to the store about 4 times/week....local farm market right down the street.

Kasey

Well like Fred, Alan USED, to do all the shopping and

cooking, now that has fallen to me. And as you all

know, I HATE shopping and grocery shopping is the

worst of all :x So I go as little as possible.

Usually once a week to make sure Alan is stocked up

his breakfast items and then I try to plan what I will "cook" for dinners.

This is a big joke in our house. John does the majority of the grocery shopping. He goes almost every day- our average must be daily because sometimes we both end up there on the same day. Tyler has a friend that is a bag boy and he says "I see your dad every day."

DEb and I used to have so much fun on our once a week grocery trip that everyone would wonder what we were laughing about! :lol: We could laugh at every and anything in the store. I put things in and she would put them back or when we go to the register she would be going "When Did You Put that in there I have or do not have a coupon for that!!" Now i just pop in on the way home when I need or want something. Whatever the urge for dinner is. :cry: