The long trek

Debi

Well, everyone cross their fingers for me and kick your tires to send me luck - will be driving up to Ohio tomorrow & Wednesday or maybe I will do the trip in one day if its going well. I'm bringing my son and the 2 cats although I'm leaving the dog behind for now (I'm good but not THAT good).

The job finally sprung for a decent sized 2 bedroom apartment so I'm no longer a transient living out of a hotel and I have a commitment from them at least through June. Couldn't wait to fly back and get my son (the jury's still out on the cats)...

Well good for you, Debi!!!!! Sounds like things are working out just GREAT! I'm so happy............but feel so sad about the dog. I bet if you really WANTED to, you could have managed that too!!!! Poor thing! But if yours is anything like Teddy, he/she is FAR from a poor thing! Good luck, Debi, can't wait to hear how this all shakes out for you.

Kasey

Congratulations!!! I just know your happy to be with your son. :D Your going to be fine and your going to do a wonderful job when you get there. If anyone can do this, YOU CAN! They don't know how lucky they are?? They'll find out! :wink:

Please drive safe, but have a great trip along the way.

Best wishes.

Just checking in -Thanks for all your wishes, you guys are so great! I got to Ohio yesterday afternoon and we are safe and sound. THe cats did well, my son was better than I thought he would be, all is fine.

Kasey, contrary to popular belief, I am not Superwoman :shock: , and not only would have been stretched thin taking care of the dog here in an apartment with my job's hours, etc., had no room in the truck for her. Of course I could have been a real hillbilly and thrown her in the back of the pickup for the ride up. :wink: But rest assured, Lady and the 3 fire-bellied toads that I left behind are being well taken care of until the circumstances allow me to transport them.

Good to know all wildlife is being cared for, Debi. Hope you get all settled in and into a 'feel good' routine. Then I think it's time for a housewarming party. Maybe we can find Cindi and live it up a bit. I'll be giving some thought to a proper gift for this very special occasion!!

Kasey

Good luck Debi with your new venture. I know this move will be really good for all of you.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best life has to offer. You deserve it and you worked hard for this.

Keep us posted.

Maybe you can look up our Cindi oh out there and Beth S.

Maryanne :wink: