How I Did Today...

Treebywater

As I said, today is the 2 year day.

I am not lying when I tell you I have had a GOOD day.

Abbie is dressed in Mom's favorite outfit from when Carolyn and I were with her--a red and white striped outfit with ladybug shoes.

I worked VBS at church. Poor kids. I should know better than to subject small children to my grumpiness on a day like today... but they didn't seem to notice. ;)

After we left the church we picked up some yellow roses (my Mom flower), and some sunflowers.... I picked up a friend here who gets it because I knew I would need extra hands. Then, the two of us and the girls picked up some milkshakes at McD's (they looked at me like I was crazy when I ordered 15 of them. hehe), and went to a local cancer center where we passed out the milkshakes and flowers to folks getting infusions. That was SO MUCH fun. I had to make an extra trip to the car, but my friend Jamie told me of several folks who I guess just went to town on the milkshakes. :D

Then we had lunch at my favorite greasy spoon, had dessert at a french bakery, and just all in all hung out.

I have just smiled all day. I looked forward to what I had planned and had so much fun carrying it all out.

I know Mom wants me to CELEBRATE her. So that is what I'm trying to do. And I hope it pleases her that she can still make a small difference this way.

Anyway... I wanted to share.

I think that is really nice and a good tribute to your mom. It would have made me happy if I had been at the infusion center, so I'd say it was a great day. I think you gave at least 15 people a smile and made a difference in their lives.:D

Oh Val,

Could it really be two years? How? What a wonderful way you spent your day. I love what you did for the folks at the cancer center. It means so much to have someone come through and spread a little cheer, yes it does. God Bless you Val and Oh yeah, I love the new pic of your precious kids. They are beautiful.

God Bless,

Sue

Bless your heart Val... what you did was wonderful. You made such a positive out of a negative day. You mom is so proud of you and she had the biggest smile for all you did.

Take care sweetie,

Maryanne :wink:

Val...you're the greatest thing since "sliced bread!" I know your Mom is beaming with pride and telling all the other angels about her sweet angel of a daughter!!!

Wow. WOW, Val. You have inspired me. Church, children, flowers and milkshakes - all things I would associate with my mom, and happiness. I thought I would cry reading your post, and instead I smiled. You really made me think about what would make my MOM happy on this upcoming one-year date I have been dreading. Wish I could promise to myself that I will do any or all of the above, but it may be too fresh still?...but at least it's got me thinking in a different direction...

I am so glad you got through this day the way that you did. Your mom is proud and she is shining down on you. Big, big hugs to you and your girls...