My name is Bobbie

babylove91297

[/color

Hi everyone, my name is Bobbie. I never thought I would ever be saying these words but I just found out a week ago that I have small cell carcinoma in my lower left lung. I also just had a biopsy on my left breast just this past Thursday and I am currently awaiting the news if it is cancer or not.

I will be 43 on September 16th, and I have 4 daughters, all of whom are very scared about this, but none more than me. I feel so all alone in this, even though I know that I am not the only one with this dreaded disease. I go to my first visit with the oncologist on Wednesday so I don't really know yet how they are going to treat this. [/b]

We have several members that have survived sclc. Please let us know what your treatment plan will be. There is much information in the Small Cell Forum -- please read the sticky on how to beat small cell by one of our members. Welcome-- I am glad you found us.

Rochelle

Welcome Bobbie--

Glad you found us. This is a great place for sharing, caring and support. One of our members that comes to mind is Geri. She not only survived SCLC but she also is taking Breast Cancer head on and is going to beat it as well-- An Amazing Women! So take heart there is always hope. Stay with us and let us know how you are doing.

Rich

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I know that one way or another I am going to beat this. I came to this site because as I said I feel so alone in this, but I do have a great support team, I have a wonderful husband (we will be married for 26 years on Oct. 2) and 4 beautiful daughters (ages 19, 16, 12, and 10), so I have more than enough reason not to want to lie down and let this thing destroy me. My family tries to help me but, try as they might they really don't know what to say when I start to cry. I know that technology has come a long way since my father and both of his parents died from lung cancer, and that my chances of beating this today is so much better than it was back when they were battling with their diseases.

I have contacted the American Cancer Society and they have been very helpful. I also tried to join a group on my space, but I never got any response from any of the members. I thank God that He led me to this site, and again I thank all of you for being here for me. I will keep you posted as I find out how they are going to treat me. Thank you all, and God bless.

Bobbie

Hi Bobbie,

First of all welcome here. We are so glad you found us. You have found the BEST support and knowledgeable family on here.

You are blessed with a wonderful family. We are also family on here as we have all walked in your shoes either being the victim or caretaker. So we know how scared you are and the uncertainty of not knowing your future holds for you.

You are right they have come such a long way with treatments. If one does not work then they will try another. If you are not happy with your Onochologist always get a second opinion.

There are so many on here who have SCLC who are survivors and are doing great!

We are always here for you 24/7 for any questions, support or if needed prayers.

Hange strong. Keep that positive attitude as that is half the battle. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Keep us posted on what you find out and what treatments you will be starting.

Good luck, we are in your corner here.

Maryanne :wink:

Welcome Bobbi,

I am so glad you found this site. There is much information and support here. You sound like a fighter. I am sure that you will kick your cancer in the butt! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a great treatment plan. Hang in there and stay strong!

God Bless,

Sharon

Bobbie,

My son was ten when I was diagnosed. He's now driving on a permit...

I'm glad you found our site. I remember the dark days in the beginning and all the monsters under the bed. Please talk to your doctor about medication - a sleep aid and an anti-anxiety medication. I took a Xanax and an Ambien every night for a month so I could sleep without the monsters in my brain keeping me awake. You need to get your rest. Xanax is a Band-Aid medication, you take it when you need it. Your doctor may decide a daily anti-depressant and/or anti-anxiety drug may be something you need...don't feel bad about taking medication to help you through this dark time.

My son still doesn't know how serious LC is, I never made it a point to tell him. People live through cancer, that's all he needed to know...

Are you currently a candidate for surgery? If so, does your radiologist know that you are going through radiation prior to surgery? If not, he should. Too much radiation and surgery is out of the question.... Make sure your doctors are all working together and are on the same page in your treatment plan.

Good luck!

Becky

Hi Bobbie: Welcome to the best site on the web for support and information. You've been given some good advice from our members and the only thing I can add is to recommend you get an appointment with a comprehensive cancer center. They have a multi disciplinary approach and are totally up to date with all treatment methods. Please keep us posted and let us know how you're doing. Good Luck & God Bless.............wendyr

Hi Bobbie,

I am so glad you were able to find this site. It has been a large part of my success. To know you are not alone and to be able to find and talk to others on a regular basis is a wonderful feeling. Hang in there and neve4r give up hope!!!

God Bless You from one survivor to another!!!!!

Jamie

Welcome to this LCSC site. The people here have helped me through many tough days. I am the caregiver for my husband who has sclc. He is 17 months from diagnosis and still hanging in there. Been down a difficult road but always pops back. Many blessings to you and your family.

I know how to treat you, here's hug ((((BOBBIE)))). It's very important for you to know your not alone. We here at LCSC will walk the walk with you if you'll let us. We'll get you through the rough and tough spots and we'll laugh and cry when ever the need strikes us.

I was 43 when I was first diagnosed. I am now a very proud 55. :wink:

This isn't an easy journey, but it IS a DOABLE ONE!

Keep us posted on what the game plan will be after Wednesday and good luck with your apppointment. Positive attude plays a BIG ROLE in our treatments. And your doctor's need to be positive as well. Keep the HOPE.

Happy Soon to Be 44!!! Happy B-Day! Here's a hug for MANY MANY MANY MORE!! (((BOBBIE)))

Welcome to Club...of course not the club you want to join. This is a wonderful place to be for support and questions. Everyone here is great!!! I am celebrating my 8 year anniversary with my husband on October 2 and we have been together for 14 years. If you ahve any questions please feel free to ask.

Hi everyone, well today is the day I go for my first visit with the oncologist, I am very worried about what he has to say. I still haven't gotten the results from my breast biopsy, my primary doctor told me they hadn't come in yet and I should call him after the appointment with my oncologist and he would hopefully have the results by then. I hate how slow all of this is going, I had the biopsy a week ago tomorrow, I thought they would have the results by now, the hospital said it would only take a couple of days. I am trying to keep positive about all of this, but sometimes it is just so hard, this all seems so surreal. I will keep you posted. Thanks for being here for me.

Bobbie