Dad has Scans Today UPDATED

tkelley

Hi all,

Dad gets scanned at NIH this afternoon, we'll have results by tomorrow afternoon. I'm really worried this time. He had a really difficult trip to NY (coughing up blood between flights, 4 days of constipation, passing out episodes...) Of course, I have explanations for those issues other than the cancer but that is my heart talking..my head is thinking its the cancer but time will tell. Any prayers would be welcome. I will update you all tomorrow...Thinking of and praying for you all as well. I just can't find the time between the 2 kids and 2 jobs to post as much :)

Tammy

Tammy, you KNOW that I am wishing and praying for a good report. It sounds scary as you relate the latest goings on. We can still hold onto hope until we hear the official report.

I see that dad was dx with LC in July of '04. That wasn't too long before I was. Sometimes we speak of miracles around here. And sometimes we feel we don't get any of them. What I've come to believe is that MY miracle has been to be here these 3-1/2 years when I wasn't supposed to be. Maybe that is yours as well.

At any rate, I will certainly be holding my breath and holding your hand as we await tomorrow.

Kasey

Tammy,

I wish your Dad all the best in having good results.

For whatever this is worth, my husband had some of his worst coughing up a bright red clot of blood after flying to FL. He had the least amount of cancer at that time too. Who knows, but maybe this is of some comfort to you right now. Damn cancer...

Welthy

Hello,

First, thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes. You guys are the best!! Well its not as bad as I thought but not great either. He has had some slight growth so we're out of that trial. Dad has chosen to take a month break and then probably try another clinical trial. They feel that the growth is slow so he should be ok. You have to be out of a clinical trial for a month before trying to start another one anyway. They think he gained about four or five pounds so that was good. They also think the coughing up blood episode after the flight was related to the air pressure and a blood clot that seemed worse because of the blood thinners he is on. So, we'll see how he does over this month and start the clinical trial research..I'll be checking those links Randy!!

Tammy

Sorry for the mixed bag, Tammy. Slight growth probably would not have resulted in the discontinuation of tx IF it weren't a clinical trial. They are VERY picky when in one of those. Sounds like the bit of time off may be just what is needed right now before dad is off on another trial. It IS good that there is something else he can try. So I never give up hope. I gotta believe that there is always that next tx, that next drug, that new discovery......all right around the corner. I just wish the road wasn't so long until we got there.

Give dad my best wishes and let him know that prayers are being offered as well.

Kasey