Not what I had hoped for

sharonjo

Well I had my onc appt. today all expecting to hear my CT scan was stable and I would get a much needed break from chemo - but instead I heard that although my lung nodule is stable, the liver lesions have all grown in size. In the famous words of the 2 Dons "Rats!" So instead of a much needed vacation from chemo, I'm getting a new chemo - Gemzar.

Well I guess things could be worse. I am feeling pretty good overall so that is a blessing. I guess I'll have to tough it out some more. Maybe next time I'll get a break. Anyway thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I love you guys!

God Bless,

Sharon

Sorry Sharon, not what I was hoping for either. In fact, I was feeling pretty optimistic. You do so deserve a break. Hopefully you will get one next time. In the meantime, I'll hold out high hopes for Gemzar to work some magic.

Kasey

Sharon, I'm sorry you aren't getting that chemo break. I had gemzar with cisplatin. Every other time, I just got the gemzar and it didn't bother me very much. The cisplatin really made me feel awful, tho. Carbo sounds much better. Good luck.

Muriel

Posted on your other post as well. Sorry to hear this I was really hoping you would get a break. You are one tough cookie, hang in there. Prayers for strength and that the Gemzar does the trick and you get that much needed break soon enough.