Just Very Weird...

Ry

Last night I kept waking up and every time I kept hearing lyrics from the old song "Elusive Butterfly"-- not the entire song just the refrain of "don't be concerned, it will not harm you" over and over. When I got to work today I did a search to find the entire song lyrics, and well...this is just weird. I remember this song from years ago but I didn't realize how beautiful the lyrics are:

You might wake up some morning

To the sound of something moving past your window in the wind

And if you're quick enough to rise

You'll catch the fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow

Out on the new horizon you may see the floating motion of a distant pair of wings

And if the sleep has left your ears

You might hear footsteps running through an open meadow

Don't be concerned it will not harm you

It's only me pursuing something I'm not sure of

Across my dreams with nets of wonder I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love

You might have heard my footsteps

Echo softly in the distance through the canyons of your mind

I might have even called your name as I ran searching after something to believe in You might have seen me runnin'

Through the long abandoned ruins of the dreams you left behind

If you remember something there

That glided past you followed close by heavy breathing

Don't be concerned it will not harm you

It's only me pursuing something I'm not sure of

Across my dreams with nets of wonder I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love

I chase the bright butterfly of love I chase the bright butterfly of love

That song brought back memories AND just gave me a chill all at the same time. It's been a very long time sense I heard the words to it. I'm coming up on my son's memorial and this really rings loud in my ears and in my heart. WOW!

It speaks volumes doesn't it?

As soon as you mentioned it, I remembered it...but only about 3 lines. How interesting that this particular song emerged from your subconscious at this point. Now it will be rattling around inside my head all night. At least I know more than 3 lines now, and can appreciate the lyrics more!

Kelly

Ry,

Thanks for reminding me about that song. I'm plenty old enough to remember it (LOL). I always loved it and haven't thought about it for a long time. Hmmmm, maybe I'll load that on my mp3 player!

Cindy

Hmmm, very interesting. Not just the song, but all of our reactions to it. I don't think I've ever heard it before, but just reading it immediately gave me chills - and then I read all the responses and so many others experienced the chills. It is beautiful Ry, and if I woke to it, I'd definitely treasure it as a sign.

Ry, I haven't thought of that song in years, although I'm very familar with it. I never have paid any attention to the lyrics. It's just one of those songs that you sing along and never put too much thought into. But...now I'll never hear that song without really concentrating on the words, rather than the music. Yes, I agree. The words do make those goosebumps appear and also made those fine little hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And yes, now your song is in my head. too!!!!