My Daughter/Update 08/6/09

Well tomorrow is my daughters cervical cryosurgery. She was diagnosed with HPV and it has already progressed to a small area of pre cancerous cells. They say that this should take care of it. I hope and pray that it is so.

Wish us luck with the procedure that is goes smooth and she has a swift recovery.

Thanks,

Denise

Thanks everybody.

Things actually went well and it was pretty quick. When they added the word surgery to the end of cryo I just assumed the worst. Viv is walking around here today like nothing happened. She goes for a follow up PAP in 4 months.

Denise

• 4 months later...

Well, it turns out that everything is not well. :(

Viv had her followup pap a couple of weeks ago and it came back bad again. So it's off to do another colposcopy. They cannot do a biopsy because she is now 3 months pregnant. They said the the colposcopy will not affect the baby or the pregnancy though. So she will have the procedure again and we will see what happens. :(

Denise

• 8 months later...

So here we are another 9 months later. We had a couple more bad paps during the pregnancy and now the results of the latest colposcopy are in.

Viv now has mild cervical dysplasia. From the little bit that I have read on it it is a pre-cancerous condition caused by the HPV virus. The nurse said that someone would be calling her to set up an appt to talk to Dr. Winkleman and he would explain things further. She also mentioned a procedure call LEEP.

I'm tellin ya. It just never ends.

Denise

(((Denise))) ... somewhere along the way I missed the October update. I am so sorry to hear that she is still dealing with this. Thank goodness it is precancerous though - hoping and praying this procedure will fix it once and for all and you can all relax.

Take care,

Linda