Two Years and Good News!

fillise

Today is the two year anniversary of the day my mom got her Dx of Stage IV NSCLC. I remember how hopeless and defeated I felt two years ago.

As it happened, Mom saw her Onc. today to get the result of her latest scans. She is STABLE!!!!! There is no growth in the primary and the mets in her spine and hips all appear to be gone.

He is going to give her a two week break and then three more round of chemo (at a reduced dosage) in an effort to achieve long-term stability. She should be finished with chemo by the first week in March.

Two years ago I never would have thought that she would still be with us--much less celebrating good news!

Thanks to everyone at the LCSC for your prayers and your good thoughts. They DO make a difference. HOPE IS ALIVE!

Susan

Hi Susan. I am so glad your wait is over and overjoyed that you got to post in the good news forum. Yeah for your mom...I don't think there could have been any better news. And she gets a 2 week break, how nice for her. Continued best wishes to the both of you.

Sandra

As I read many of the posts from advanced stage LC folks, it seems to me that more and more are kicking some major cancer butt. Many congratulations to mom and to YOU for such a courageous battle. Our job is to keep doing as good as we can until that MAJOR breakthrough comes around. From all I have read, it is just around the corner. I can't wait! In the meantime, here come my best wishes that ya'll do some major celebrating

Kasey

Susan, what great news for your mom and you and all your family. Please tell her for me that she is my hope and inspiration. If NED fails me one of these days, there are still blessings in stable. Like Kasey said, all of us with advanced dxs are marking time waiting for the big breakthrough right around the corner.

Judy in Key West

Two years with stage IV and being stable. Can't get much better than that.

Keep that good news coming. I am so happy for you both!!!

What do you call stage IV for two years?

STABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Maryanne :wink:

Wonderful news, Susan. I am so happy for you both that I'm Happy Dancing (figuratively speaking, that is)!

My own two year anniversary is this coming Saturday and even though I'm not stable, it's still a miracle and I'm still ecstatic about it. :D

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin