My brave little warrior Patty Gottlieb

Kerri Gottlieb

My Mom died at home 2 weeks ago (Feb. 15, 2009). It was really peaceful, like she just forgot to take a breath. Hospice was amazing.

Over 300 people came to her wake and funeral. I am in awe of how many people's lives she touched. It was absolutely beautiful and I know she was smiling down at us. I washed and styled her wig the week before she died, gave them her makeup, pictures of her, a description, etc. and they did an amazing job. I even brought tweezers with me in case there was a stray hair or something. LOL Thankfully, she looked so natural and beautiful. If not, she would have come back and haunted me for sure!!! :lol:

My job as a caretaker is over and I'm finding it difficult to even have the energy to look for a new job. So I am just sending out resumes and really thinking of going back to school to get my Masters, maybe in social work.

My Dad and I (Mom's main caregivers) joined a Bereavement Support group through our church that started today. Unlike everyone else who can go back to their lives, it's different for us. For me, I guess I just feel a little lost. But I know it is only temporary. At least I have my husband. I cannot even imagine how my Dad feels.

Just wanted to thank you all for the hope and info that you gave to both my Mom and myself for the last year and a 1/2. It really made us feel like we weren't alone and I cannot tell you what a difference it makes when you have HOPE.

Without this message board and the people here, we never would have made it through this process. Thanks so very much!

My deepest condolences and My heartfelt prayers! Things may be rough but soldier on as I say. if you need a shoulder to lean on or just want to vent we are always here for You and Dad as well. This is a very scary and new normal that is not fun at all.

Hugs and Prayers!

(((((Kerri)))))

I answered your other post but wanted to write something here, too. If you remember, your mom and I (and you) corresponded for a while and just recently I was wondering about her.

Your mom always spoke of you as the most dedicated, amazing daughter. You gave up a lot of your life to spend with her when she was sick. She spoke of how you went back and forth between her house and yours week after week. She was so lucky to have a daughter like you.

I am so saddened to hear of her passing. I wish you peace and strength in the coming days and weeks ahead. Please let me know if you need anything that I can help you with. PM me if you need to talk.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs - Patti B.

Patricia Gottlieb

GOTTLIEB - Patricia, on February 15, 2009 at age 64 of Lynbrook, NY. Beloved wife of Andrew. Cherished mother of Kristopher (Angie), Kevin (Jen) and Kerri-Ann (Michael). Loving grandmother of Meghan, Brian, Joseph, Kristopher and Katy. Family will receive friends Wednesday 6-9pm and Thursday 2-4 and 7-9pm at the Perry Funeral Home Inc. 118 Union Ave. Lynbrook, NY. Mass Friday 10:45am at St. Raymond's RC Church East Rockaway, NY. Interment to follow at St. Charles Cemetery, Farmingdale, NY.

Kerri,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. She obviously raised a very wonderful daughter.

I too, joined a grief support group after I lost my sister and found it to be very helpful. Sending prayers to your family. Ellie

Kerri,

I rarely check in anymore, but happened in this morning, and was shocked to read of your lovely Mom's passing. My sincere sympathy to you and the whole family. Patti was such a high-spirited, arse kicking and taking names kind of gal, with a wonderful sense of humor. I'm stunned. She was one of those that I thought would beat this beast. I admired her so much and am so sorry.

You embody so much of your Mom's character. Remember this spark that will live in you always. I truly hope the path you are one now can bring you some peace and hope for the future. Do look after your Dad -- I'm glad to hear you both are going to bereavement sessions. It's a new world after this magnitude of a loss and one that I hope goes as smoothly as possible, as you deserve good things. You were a blessing to your Mom.

God be with you sweetie.

Many hugs,

Welthy

Kerri, my deepest condolence goes out to you and your family. Your mom was a wonderful soul who helped so many of us on here with her inspirational words.

Your mom will always live on through you and all who loved her. I am so sorry for all you are going through. We are always here for you 24/7

I will miss her so much.

Maryanne :cry:

• 2 weeks later...