Carole Hammett

Betty Brooks

Sadly, Carol lost her lease on life.( Message just received from another source.)

She was an inspiration to others and had a great attitude and outlook.

"Sadly, Carole died yesterday. The cancer had spread to her brain, bones and liver. She was in a hospice and sedated so did not suffer. Verdean has been with Carole the past few weeks and is holding up well. She says Chrissy is being very strong and helpful.

Verdean also mentioned that Carole had reached her goals - her birthday,

James' birthday, and Obama's inauguration but had hoped to get her Hammett

information on the web..."

>

My thoughts and Prayers and condolences to the friends and family! Carole will be very much missed here and has been an inspiration to many of us

I just learned of Carole's passing from a member of this board and I had to come here and express my deepest sympathy to her friends and family. Carole was truly one of the special ones. I will never forget her and I will cherish the few messages that I received from her. She gave so much of herself to others and I will always remember her very fondly.

Sue

I am so very sorry to read this. Like Sue, I had learned of Carole's passing last evening from another member but just was unable to find the words.

I am grateful for having been able to "meet" Carole and have learned so much from her wisdom, her unselfishness in sharing her journey and mostly just from being the wonderful human being that she was.

Thank you for letting us know and my sincere condolences to her friends and family.

Carole, you are missed my friend.....

Love and Hugs

Christine

I've been afraid of this news for a few weeks. But Carole lived her life on her own terms and not on the cancer's terms. In the end the ultimate victory was her's and I think that deserves more celebration than sadness.

So Carole, in your honor, I'm inviting the members of the LCSC to do the Quality of Life dance for you!

Susan

Betty, thanks for letting us know of Carole's passing on. I am stunned. Carole had such vitality and thirst for life that every time I worried she hadn't posted for awhile, she'd come back seemingly full of her passion for life. Somehow I began to believe it would just continue that way. Susan, Quality of Life was her mantra, I will gladly join you in the dance in her honor.

Judy in Key West

I am so very sad to read this news today. Carole was a star in her own life - what a classy lady and she brings new meaning to the song "I Did It My Way". I will miss her terribly for her humor and insight on so many different aspects of life.

I believe that Carole is "Dancing in the Streets" of heaven and bringing joy to so many up there.

My sincere condolences to all who loved her.

Linda

Unfortunately, I had a feeling this news was going to come, but I am glad I got to know Carole through these boards-she did it her way and showed a way for others too; an inspiration indeed. God Bless you Carole on your journey and my thoughts and prayers to her family.

I am so sad to hear of Carole's passing. Her posts on The Path Less Traveled forum were always such an inspiration for me. I have always truly admired her courage and positive attitude. Carole, you will be missed!!!