Following Katie's advice

bunny

When you feel like you can't take a breath- post here-and breathe.

We are here for you.

I can't take a breath. I miss her. And I am overwhelmed, emotionally and physically, by the job of liquidating her life.

It hurts so much more than I thought it would. I can't take a breath today, much less focus on work.

bunny

bunny, you're wracked with grief and it's a terrible thing. Painful as it is, you will be the better for allowing yourself to feel it. And it will get better--over time. But no one can tell you how much time. My heart aches for you but glad you come here when you feel it overwhelm you. Hope our sending prayer and positive healing thoughts your way will help.

Judy in Key West

Bunny. There are many here wishing you many long deep breaths. Hopefully there is no rush with the liquidation exercise. That must be so tough to do. Put it aside for awhile if you can.

Hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sandra

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Amie))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know those feelings. It just feels like all of life has been sucked right out of you and you just can't seem to breath in that needed bit of air. Although thee are times that I still have that same feeling, I can tell you that time helps you to breathe easier. Losing someone you love just seems to put life and living in an entirely different perspective and I think it forever changes who we are and how we think. I know how much you love Suki and you must be in so much pain without her in your life. Your words always made us understand what a great mom she was and your love for her always came shining through. Just remember she will always be right beside you and will be helping you to take that next breath!!! Now that you're a mom, I'm sure you understand that some bonds, like motherhood, never cease to exist!!! Saying prayers for you......

Hello Bunny:

Take a breath, and then another, and then another. There are not a lot of things that you need to do right away. Take your time, do one thing at a time. Mainly, take time for yourself to grieve and to heal. I know where you're coming from ... lost my husband April 30th 2009. (((hugs)))

Jane

Hi sweetie,

So so sorry for your day yesterday. I hope today finds you better.

I went through this one time last month, and my mon has been gone 4 years next month. With you this is so new, it will take time but you will feel better. Then there will be times where it comes out of nowhere.

Just know we are herE

((((((((((((((((((AMIE))))))))))))))))))))))

Maryanne

For 5 months I sat unable to do the "liquidating". To this day there are things I have not done on this front which I need to do, and it's 2 1/2 years later.

Do what you can...tomorrow is another day.

And cut yourself as much slack as you need.

(((Amie)))

Oh I know how much it hurts. I am quickly coming the the 1 year date

of Alan's passing, and there are so many things I have yet to do.

They are all pieces of him, just as they are all pieces of your mom.

Everytime I "liquidated" something of Alan's it felt as if I lost him

all over again. There is only so much your heart can take. So do

only what your heart can handle. Let the tears storm come, because

they help you heal. (My therapist, God love her as she is saving my life.

has helped me embrace my tear stroms). It hurts becaused we loved them

so much. I wish I could tell you it gets easier, and maybe some day it

will. I am not sure when that happens, but until then we are here for

you.