In Hospital

ursol

HI all, If I already posted this, I'm sorry. I'm having computer issues tonight. So any how, here I go again. Last Saturday the usual abdominal pain that I get got more serious. I didn't sleep all night and the Vicodin did not seem to help me. But I muddled through and the next night (sunday night) the pain was excruciating and I was trying to pack a bag to Atlanta as I was leaving for a business trip. I knew I was never gettng out of here for that trip, the pain was not going away so I cold my Oncologists office and they paged a doctor to call me who told me to go to the ER. That was around 1:00 AM. I have been at yale ever since. A full week. They have tried to find out what is wrong. so far I have Pneumonia (figured that out yesterday and I'm on Antibiotics), they also found out that I have a urinary tract infection. also looks as though a small cyst on my ovary may have ruptured also causing this pain. What has me very scared is that a CT Scan shows a potential mass between my stomach and Kidney as well as another one on my right lung. Thank you for letting me get my emotions out. On top of that I cannot see my kids due to the SwineFlu Epidemic. Yale-New haven is protecting their patients by not allowing any vistors in the hospital under the age of 18. The docs are now talking about biopsy, Chemo, and god knows what else.

Lilly

Oh I am praying that all are just cysts or infection. Please let us know. I am sure you must really be missing those kids. I spent a week in the hospital one time and it was awful. My holiday was Mother's Day. I am praying all goes well and you will be able to spend Thanksgiving with your family.

Lilly, I am so sorry to hear this. Many healing thoughts coming your way. I know it must be awful being in the hospital and not seeing your kids. Hope they get it all sorted out and you are home soon. Hope that maybe thing turns out to be something other than cancer.

Judy in Key West

Lily,

You are back on the prayer list (not that you were ever off, but getting bumped up in intensity). I'm sorry you are having such a rough time and hope that the mass is something that is not cancer and easily treatable.

In the meantime, I hope you get over the pneumonia soon and they get the pain resolved from the cyst.

Hang in there--we are all pulling for you!

Susan

Hi Lilly,

so sorry to read all you are going through and not seeing your kids really adds fuel to the fire.

I hope like everyone here this all gets sorted out soon. Meanwhile, Iam sending healing prayers you way.

I know you will keep us posted. Hang strong and know you have so many friends on here sending vibes.

Maryanne

Lilly,

I know that not being able to see your kids when you most need them around is a bummer.

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery from the pneumonia, and a resolving of the "other issues."

There are times in life when things turn out to be better than at first glance. That is my prayer for you.

Hold onto strength,

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for praying. I was released from the hospital today. Pneumonia is cleared up as well as a urinary tract infection but they still are dealing with the Nausea and Abdominal pain so I'm taking meds that seem to be working for now and I'm on a TPN nutrition IV 13 hours each evening until the doctors feel I have worked my nutrition back to normal. I'm having trouble eating after all this stuff that went on. As far as the cancer..they are still not sure if it is or isn't but I will be discussing it at length with my Onc next week to decide next steps. Sorry to be away so long. Hope everyone else is fairing well.

Love Lilly

Oh Lilly, that was certainly a long haul. I bet you are ecstatic to finally be home. That 13 hour thing sounds a bit involved, but much better than being isolated from your kids for weeks on end. I sure hope your nutrition gets back up to par quickly and that the 'C' stuff proves to be notning. Thinking of you lots, hon.

Kasey

((((((Lily))))))

So sorry I missed this thread - I have not been on much lately.

I am glad you are home and I bet you are still huging your kids!!!! I would go crazy if I was in the hospital and couldn't see my son.

Am sending lots of prayers and thoughts your way.

You know I got your back, girlfriend!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

(((Lily)))

Sorry, I missed this, I'm glad you're out of the hospital and with your family. I know my hospital also has that rule about kids and I worry about having to go to the hospital and not being able to see them...it must've been so hard.

I'm thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts.

Anne