Brain Mets!

recce101

I never thought I'd be writing this, but I am. Tuesday night I had some troubling symtoms which, when added to some other concerns I've had the past month, convinced me to go to the most fully equipped ER on this part of the island. Spent 6 hours there Wednesday, had an MRI that was clearly positive for brain mets, saw my medical onc Thursday morning, radiation onc that afternoon, and started WBR the same day. Did the second WBR session Friday, and there will be 8 more over the next week and a half. Still feeling pretty good.

If you really want details, I started a thread at GRACE with a rather long post — at this point there are 33 messages in the thread spread across 3 pages:

http://cancergrace.org/forums/index.php ... l#msg64692

Aloha for now,

Ned

Oh Ned I am so sorry that this has happened to you. It like that you got busy right away to get rid of them. Please know that I am sending positive healing thoughts your way and am praying for you.

Carol

Hi Ned,

I am so sorry to hear of your results,I dont know what WBR is,but I am praying for you that it is totally effective in wiping out the mets.Please keep us up to date.

Sorry to hear this Ned. I should have your story memorized, but I don't. Is this your first run at WBR? Col had a bunch of rounds after her tumor removal. She handled it very well, and we haven't had any issues in the brain since then. Which tells me it worked very well for her. I'm praying you get the same results.

Add me to the list of well-wishers! Ned and I were going to meet for lunch yesterday, but had to take a raincheck due to those darn mets. I believe he's getting his radiation treatment at the same facility as my dad got his, and they're excellent. He's in great hands, folks! :D

Ned - you are truly an angel, asking how my dad was and offering your help even as you're going through this. My prayers and blessings are with you.

-Cathy

Ned,

Hate to hear this, but I'm sending all my positive thoughts your way. I am happy that your treatment is going well and I'm confident it will do it's job!

Cindy

Found this Ned. At least I didn't "miss it", it was during my cruise when I was out of contact. Damn, I'm so sorry this is happening to you but you are tough and getting thru it. I have to turn it around in 2 days to get to Orlando and my scans so it will be awhile but I'll catch up with your story on cancergrace.

Judy in KW

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ned,

I just want you to know you havent left my thoughts,I havent heard from you recently, how you are doing?sorry it has to take a post with a gap of 10 days to ask the question all of us here want to know,what is your latest status?.I do feel a little ashamed that in the hurly burly of my own life,I took my eye, off the ball,being too busy to ask myself" How are you doing Ned"Cyber friendships,may be to some ,shallow and meaningless,but not to me,your welcome to me,more than a year ago,remains special to me.JudyKw and Bud also remain in my mind,thank you friend,your words of welcome remain with me,and I can only pray you are responding well to WBR,and can still be my friend for years to come.