A DAY TO NEVER FORGET

norme

Norme that is such great news, I'm glad you had this day with him and I am praying for more of the same for you and buddy!! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily!!

My love to the both of you!

Christy

Norme,

I'm just figuring out how to navigate this message board so I have just read your post and I am SO glad you had a glorious Sunday!

How 'bout you bring Buddy on down to Georgia. We're bound to cook up SOMETHING that he will eat!

Thinking of you all the time,

ViVi

Oh Norme, That was so wonderful to read about Buddy. I'll be you and he were just GLOWING as you walked down that street.

I hope Iressa will give him the strength and will to eat again. I will continue to keep you both in my prayers. Here's to MORE LOVE my friend.

((((((((((((((((((((NORME & BUDDY)))))))))))))))))))

Guest Karen C

Norme,

I'm at work, and swore I wasn't going to get on the board any more today and get some work done. But I clicked on this forum and was glad I did! I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading your post! Sounds like a good day for Buddy! it made me feel all happy inside! maybe after a short time on the Iressa he'll get some appetite, too. Let's hope so.

Hey Bess - love the ROMEO thing - I see those old guys in some of our local McD's - and in my "birth town" where my beloved aunts and uncles live (Charleston, WV) - it's the Hardees. We even did the Hardees breakfast thing with my aunt and uncle - a bunch of us "young 'uns" and it was really fun!

Karen C. (Dave C's wife)

Norme, l

Like ViVi, I'm just getting the hang of this and just now read your message. Your "red letter day" post was precious -- Love it! I can just see the two of you walking down the street. I hope Iressa continues to work wonders -- and hope Buddy starts to eat more soon. Thank you for posting such a great message

The ROMEOs in Paris, TX all go to the McDonalds every morning, too. (That's where my parents live -- who are DavidC's parents and Karen's in-laws) My folks were just telling me about that when I was visting, 'cuz one of our uncles is a ROMEO. (Now that's a funny thought.) Wonder if it's a southern thing?

Here's to Buddy and lots more red letter days! Hugs and prayers,

BeckyCW

Dear Norme,

A doctor friend of mine was treated for throat cancer (radiation, chemo, surgery) several years ago and was, of course, unable to eat at various times. As he healed, his wife peeled grapes and pieces of weiners and fed them to him, as they were moist enough to pass through his esophagus. I know Buddy's condition is not the same as this man's but it might be worth a try. This doctor swears that he would have starved to death had it not been for these two foods and his angel of a wife.

Good luck - I am thinking of you.

ViVi

It's me again. As good a day as last Sunday was is how bad a day last Tuesday became.

Buddy woke up Tuesday morning and could hardly walk. He was very confused. Took him out to the onc Dr. and he sent us over for a brain scan. It came back as no change since last scan, which was good, except the dr believes it is the remaining cancer in his body causing this. He spoke of hospice but I still was not ready to do that. Wednesday, still as bad. Called dr to talk about Hospice. He couldn't understand how I was able to take care of his personal needs in the shape my Buddy is in and thought that was the way to go now. Hospice came yesterday and explained everything, today the bed and etc came and the nurse who will be taking care of Buddy came. It turns out we have some mutual friends. She seems compatent. Sure hope so. He gets to stay on the Iressa so long as we pay for it, for hospice won't which is fine. Actually they never heard of it. Per the dr, if Buddy gets a bad rash and or diarrhea I am to stop the Iressa for per the dr, he is to weak to handle it.

As fast as this occurred from Sunday to Tuesday, I am hoping it changes again back to Sunday. I know if he doesn't soon start eating it never will and he just cannot eat more then a half cup of any kind of food a day. He does drink his bottled water and that is keeping him from getting dehydrated. He will not drink any Ensure or anything like it. He is in a great deal of pain and has been all along. HOping Hospice can help with that too. PRAYING FOR IRESSA TO WORK MIRACLES UNLESS GOD HAS OTHER PLANS.

Thanks for all you above comments for it does sooth the soul. I can only get on here now when he is sleeping for he has to be watched constantly so he does not fall. Goodnite all my friends, it is time to rest the mind and body.

Oh, Norme, I'm so sorry to hear Buddy has taken this turn for the worse. I can tell that you are a woman with a good head on her shoulders and a heart as big as Alaska, but at times like this it's hard to remember to take good care of yourself. I know you'll take good care of Buddy, and I hope you'll remember that you need to keep up your own strength as well. (I know he wants that, too.) My prayers are going out for Buddy to feel better and for you to keep the faith.

BeckyCW

Ohhhh Norme...

Now its my turn to wish that I lived closer so that I could help YOU out....

but I can only be there in spirit.

I am so sorry that things are the way they are right now for you and Buddy. I hope too that the Iressa starts doing something for him soon.

Many cyber hugs to you....

Norme,

Sorry about Buddy, will offer my best prayers for him.

The hospice care will give you a good hand, but most of all

the work and care will be for you, as you will be there

all the time, so take care (if you can) your health is very

important.

Just hoping for a repeat of The best day ever.

Just wish I could be near to give a hand.

Love

J.C.[/b]

Norme,

I just saw this message today as I have not been on the computer much at all this week. My heart aches for you and Buddy. You have been through so much, been so strong, and have given so much support to me and all the others.

I pray that God helps Buddy through this. I pray for that miracle. And I am praying for you right now.

Blessings to you both,

Peg

Ssometime during the night last night I determined that first thing this morning I would send you a PM to see how buddy was doing after his god day. I am so sorry for this turn of events. Calling hospice had to be hard but I am glad you have a little help. Please try to take careof yourself. You both continue in my prayers. God bless.

Norme,

You and Buddy will be in my prayers. I'm glad you reached out to hospice. They are so helpful and intuitive, I'm sure they will be a blessing.

I'm praying for better days.

Faylene