LexieCat Posted July 30, 2020 Share Posted July 30, 2020 Oncologist called. Tumor board met this morning, including him, my surgeon, my pulmonologist, and a radiation oncologist. They decided they need a closer look at that spot on my tailbone (which showed up on the PET but not on the CT). So onc is ordering an MRI of that area of bone to see if they can tell what appears to be going on there. Waiting for insurance authorization for that, now. Guess this is a preview of the new normal--tests and treatments every time I turn around. Still waiting to hear about scheduling the biopsy. If I don't hear by mid-afternoon, I'll call and see what's going on. I did a bit of figuring, and it looks to me as if I can probably afford to retire (which is starting to look pretty appealing). I already collect a decent pension, and I'm really only working to build up my cash reserves (403(b) and IRAs) and to get a larger SSI benefit, but realistically, even if I knock the hell out of this cancer, it seems likely I won't have to fund QUITE as long a retirement as I thought I might. I'm by no means planning on checking out anytime soon, but everything involves a weighing of probabilities. I don't want to spend my last however long trying to work and cope with treatment. I don't even know yet exactly what I'm dealing with, but it gives me a bit more sense of control if I can figure out my options a bit in advance. I've got a financial planner who's crunching some numbers for me. Steff, Susan Cornett, Roz and 1 other 4 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.