For Becky, Judy, and all our angels

gail

I sent the following off to Oprah tonight. I just wanted someone there to know about Becky and about all of us.

Lung cancer is a disease that needs to be addressed. We at www.lchelp.com (almost 1000 online members)are looking for a voice. People need to know that lung cancer is a disease that can and does strike non-smokers and can kill. Male or female, young and old, no one is immune. We just lost a 30 year old mother of an adorable 3 year old. She had never smoked, and was diagnosed a year ago. For her sake, and for all of us, help us to bring lung cancer out of the closet. Help us to educate the public, to put faces to this disease. I am a three year survivor. I had smoked for ten years, and had been a non smoker for 17 years when I was diagnosed. We have lost too many members to this disease. Too many families are in crisis and in pain, and no one seems to be listening. Please give us the opportunity to share our stories.

:cry: Do you think God told Becky the things we've said? Do you think Judy is with her? Have they met up with everyone else?

gail

Guest bessb

Gail

Thank you for posting that, it is beautiful and needed to be said, amen. We need help with this disease, we need research dollars and someone to take notice, we have lost far too many. God help us all

Bess B

Gail,

That was perfect. I hope she listens. You know something that got to me the other day. I went to Ivillage.com and they have listed the Top Women's health concerns - of course Lung cancer wasn't even mentioned - of course. Even if they had it as a headliner it would make people aware. Ticks me off. Most women don't know that lung cancer will kill them before breast cancer ever will. Joanie

Gail

Judy, Becky and all our angels are together, happy, peaceful and free of pain. As if we are walking blind, gazing at a map, they are lighting our way for us. You know the ‘little voice’ in your mind? Or the ‘gut-feeling‘ you get? It’s an angel showing you the way. They are all around us, helping us through our difficult times and sharing in our laughter.

dusty

Thank you so much Gail. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you. It was just released a month or so ago, that women smokers face TWICE the risk as male smokers to get LC--and they smoke fewer cigerettes. Plus they are getting it at a younger age than men. (I am testament to that). THis is a women's issue--and like Gail said, she quit smoking 17 years before DX. This happens so often. Oprah and others need to listen--I pray they do.

Elaine

Gail,

Thank you! That was beautiful I pray that this gets to her and that she will help us to get it out in the open about this awful disease...

Steph, My heart and blessings go out to you. Please have a safe stay in Denmark and you will always be in my prayers. May God watch over and take care of you. Please come here often. Even while in Denmark. We would love to hear from you. You are family..

Blessings, prayers and hugs from So. California

Karen

Gail, excellent! But, no, I don't think God told Becky the things we've said - I think she read them herself! (Probably reading over Curtis' shoulder.) And Judy, Ada, Greg, Buddy E., and many others are there with her. May they help advance the cause.

Gail, brief and to the point, and very heartfelt...I'm going to e-mail her, too. I've done it many times in the past, regarding Lung Cancer, and it is time to innundate her with e-mails!!!

Thank you for lighting the fire under my slightly more toned than it was last year-a$$ :wink: .. Take care, deb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KellyB

Gail,

Great idea, your words were perfect, I emailed Tammy Faye recently when she announced her LC diagnosis, letting her know about this site and the great need to get the public aware of this beast of a disease. Maybe something will happen soon. We need it

Kel