Sad Day at my House

MO_Sugar

I got a call from my daughter that my dog has taken a turn for the worse and it looks like we are going to have to take her in to be put down. She is almost 11 and it is getting harder and harder for her to get around. She was hit by a car as a puppy and has had problems with her hips since then but this past winter was very hard on her.

She has had a good life, been spoiled rotten and has been a wonderful friend through some major difficulties so I am having a hard time letting go. My son said he would take her but I think this is something I have to do.

We are going to take her to the marina I used to work at where she would always come to swim in the lake and chase the ducks to be buried (my son works there still). She will be happy there.

Thank you all for your caring and compassion. It makes it a little easier knowing that others care.

God Bless,

MO

Oh, Mo!

I'm SOOO sorry. I had to put my little black dawg down just before Christmas and I STILL miss her little nose when I open the front door...and bite my tongue as the "make sure you let Daisy out" tries to pry itself from my lips when tucking in my son at night.

Daisy was buried at Grampa's house, right next to his dawg in the wooded area where they used to play - a very sad corner of the lawn now, "The Girls" both laying there and no longer tripping anyone.

I feel for you...I held my baby's paw while she went to sleep - it was the very least I could do for all the love she had given me, my little pound puppy. No one should have to die alone. :cry:

My thoughts are with you,

Becky

Dear Mo

I am so, so sorry ---it is so heart breaking to lose a faithful friend----

with all you have gone through, it is not fair

again, I am so sorry and I am sure she will love to be buried there.

condolences for the loss of your beloved pet

Mo,

I'm so very sorry about your puppy dog. I was eight months pregnant with our second child when we had to have our 10 year old lab put to sleep due to numerous health problems. My husband, the vet and technician who had known Max for a long time (and were both women), and I stood there stroking him and balling our eyes out. I found it so very touching that my big strong husband and the veterinarian, who probably sees this very often, were so emotional.

We had Max cremated and buried his ashes on our land down in middle Georgia, amongst the beautiful hardwood trees and overlooking the stream he loved to play in. We still visit his grave, which is marked with a stained glass stepping stone made by ViVi. Interestingly, both of our girls (Abby, who was two at the time, and Livi, who wasn't even born yet!) talk about "our dog Max." Every time they see a black lab, they say it looks like him. So I guess we've managed to keep his memory alive, as we would do for any other member of the family. I'm sure you'll do the same.

I'll be thinking of you during this difficult time. And as Norme might say, remember that he'll be waiting for you on that Rainbow Bridge.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Mo,

When I was first diagnosed, I asked the Lord how He could be thinking of taking me before I finished raising up Hollywood. Well, I'm still here being hand maiden to Hollywood, but the truth of the matter is she has been of extreme importance to me through this ordeal. She has been here with me every day...no hair? no problem...no energy?...let me keep you company. She is eight now, which is getting old for a large breed and I have left explict if I'm not here for decision making. Her vet will come to the house to administer the drugs if it is determined that she is in pain and needs to be let go.

The thought of losing her is overwhelming and so I know how difficult and sad this time must be for you. You have been given that unconditional love and now you are stepping up to give it back.

I'll be thinking of you,

Margaret

Shaba has now crossed that Rainbow Bridge and is chasing ducks in heaven! The place we buried her has some red bud trees and dogwood trees just starting to bloom. It over looks the lake on 3 sides and is so pretty, I know she will be happy there. Thank you all for understanding.

God Bless,

MO

Mo,

Sorry about your dog.

We always had dogs and so many went of old age mostly

a few to sickness, on the urn containing my husband ashes

4 engravings of his most favorite dogs, are there, they keep

him company and guard him, and that way they are all with me.

J.C.

Mo,

Sent a special message to Duke the beagle and Belle Michelle the kitty to be on the lookout for Shaba and to make sure she arrives at the Rainbow Bridge safe and sound.

I'm sorry this had to come to pass, but I guess it's the price we pay for caring so much about our furry brothers and sisters.

Dean

Mo,

So sorry you had to lose your friend--they are so good to us, I think that letting them go is the worst---we've had that happen here twice in the last several years and it was so hard.

Your fellow dog lovers understand.

Dear Mo,

We have a little shihtzu that is about to be 10 next week. I can't imagine her not being here with me as I go through this awful ordeal. She is always there with a wagging tail and sleeps next to me to let me know I always have her love. My husband feels the same way about her. I have made him promise that if something happens to me first he will burry her at my feet as well as his own ashes when the time comes. We will all be there together and that is comforting to me. So far she is in good health with the exception of a little arthritis. I know how you must be feeling and I am so sorry you are having to go through this at this time in your life.

I am glad your drainage went well and that you are feeling a little better. You are in my thoughts.

Nina,

aka Nushka

Mo,

My heart goes out to you. I love animal and lost my littl e Silky Terrier on Nove 2003 (she was 12). I lost my kitty just a month and a half ago

(he was 9 yrs). Totally unexpected. It is so hard, they are our children. I hope the pain of losing your puppy subsides soon. Thinking of you and sending prayers.

Blessings and hugs,

Karen

Guest Karen C

Mo - we feel your pain. We had a choc. lab names Miles (named after Miles Davis - what ya'll don't know about Dave is that he is a very accomplished trumpet player. We gotta get those lungs all healed up so he can play again!). Anyway, Miles was eight years old last year and I swear he and Dave were soul mates. He was the sweetest dog ever and just adored Dave. Unfortunately he was also Dave's smoking buddy (I wouldn't let Dave smoke in the house). Anyway, one month before Dave's diagnoses we had a bad ice storm and the day after the storm Miles disappeared. We're pretty sure he tried to walk on the semi-frozen river and fell in and drowned, but we didn't know, so we spent the entire time from Feb. 19 to March 22 (when I took Dave to the hospital) looking all over for that dog with Faith in the back seat. Ads in several newspapers, we put up maybe 200 laminated flyers, called all the vets and humane societies, etc. Dave says that God must have taken him so he wouldn't miss smoking so much without his smoking buddy. Could be, what a sad sacrifice to make.

So we know how a pet can become such a large part of your heart and be such a good support system.

Our condolences,

Karen C.

(wife of Dave C.)

What a sad thing to have to do. My Cassie (black lab) is there RUNNING along with all the other animals mentioned here. I have a pug-ROXY who is my 4th child. She sleeps between my hubby and me, she is in my lap on the couch and under my chair at the table. She is 3 now and I pray she will be around along time.

So sorry Mo-it is a hard thing to do but in Cassie's condition, could not get up anymore and had cancer in the colon, and liver, plus bone problems. They are now much better.

Cindy

Here I am "bringing up the rear" as usual, Mo. I am so sorry to hear

about your dog. These little fellows are such good companions aren't they, it's heart-breaking when they have to go. I am sure he had a great life with you and you will treasure many happy memories of him.

Love,

Paddy