Jane4321

Hi you all :-) This is my first day of posting here, Special thanks to Wenna for showing me the way here! I am 38 year old mom/wife and I was diagnosed with SCLC March of 2004 it all happened so quickly I can't remember the exact day I was told for sure it was SCLC but I felt all along that I knew it was cancer, my kids have been tough little troopers through it, my son 16 and my daughter soon to be 13... and my husband right there by my side when I needed him the most I thank him from the bottom of my heart for that. The toughest part was telling my mom whom lives so far away from me I was worried about her taking it harder than anyone and her fragileness but all went well and I have great support from family and friends, this is a great site you all have given me even more hope than I had to begin with, I have my days I guess you could say but after reading all of your posts I feel even more positive! Thank you.

Jane

Hi Jane. I'm pretty new here, too. Been on for about a week. I love it! I'm quickly becoming addicted to the people - so caring, warm, friendly and responsive. I wish you didn't have the reason you do to be here, but we're all here for you. Throw your shoulders back, take a deep breath and get ready for the fight against the beast. :evil: LOTS OF SURVIVORS HERE who have won the fight! That's when we all dance, if not with our legs, with our hearts. Meet Razz :P , Laughing :lol: and Very Happy: :D When you see them, you know we are dancing, laughing and smiling!

Welcome and God bless you!

Peggy

Hi Jane,

I'm so sorry that we have to "meet" this way. But I am glad you found this Board and I know you'll be very glad you did also.

I'm relatively new, still have days of feeling overwhelmed and that I wish someone would wake me up from this bad dream. But I guess we all have days like that and it's nice to have friends who know exactly how you feel.

Wishing you the very best!

Hi Jane,

It’s a sorry thing that we share, but we must do what we can to cheer ourselves and squeeze some good times out of it. I just had a plastic and rubber drain bottle removed from a lymph node biopsy under my arm. I’ve been dragging it around for 12 days, sewn to my skin. I was so glad to loose my canteen sized “Friend” that I spend a couple of hours shopping and then baked a blueberry pie for a snack. I start my next round of chemotherapy in a week so I’m eating in anticipation of a deminished appetite. Tonight I sleep without being pinched by my drain tube sutures. What a joy !

Dan

Hi Jane

welcome. Sorry you have to be here but this site and these people will become closer to you than you can imagine. You will probably never meet any of us in person, but you will feel like we are all one HUGE family in days.

I lost my mom last year to NSCLC and now my dad was dx in January with SCLC he is on the same chemo schedule and drugs as you are. He is 59 though.

We are all here for you.

Welcome Jane. As has been said, I am sorry you have the need to be here but glad you ARE here. This group can move mountains when need be (or at least TP them if the mood strikes)! I have felt more love, compassion and understanding from this group of folks than I ever thought possible. We truly are a family and welcome you and YOUR family with open arms.

God Bless,

MO

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I know I will be back often, I begin my second round of chemo tomorrow, so far I haven't been sick from it too badly, one really bad night of feeling sick to my stomach, several bouts of hot flashes and lots of night sweats a few other side effects to the medicine but nothing I can't handle it will all be worth it in the end if the chemo stops the cancer :-) they give me pills for the nasaeu feeling and I take Zantac to cure the bloated feeling so I can eat again so many different drugs available now a days to help it feel a bit more comfortable, I am glad for that. Again... Thank you for the warm welcome!

Jane

Jane-I hate hearing we have a new member BUT I am glad you found us. I too, am young for sclc. I was 44 when diagnosed and 3 yrs 2 mos lter I am still around. Please contact me thru pm or email if you need to talk. My youngest child is 17 now. Good luck,

Cindy

Jane, I just posted something to you in your posting posting about quitting smoking. etc.

You are 39 years old - same age as my husband who has SCLC! People have a hard time hearing that someone so young has lung cancer, but there are plenty on this board. It seems like doctors especially, I remember going to my allergy doc a couple of months ago and telling him about Dave's SCLC, he couldn't believe it. but you have that on your side, you have a loving and supportive family which is important - keep a positive attitude and you will do fine.

On another note - Dan baked a blueberry pie! Yum! That sounds yummy!

God Bless,

Karen C.

Jane,

Once again welcome to the family. Sorry you had to join us. I also have a very suportive husband & my family is all on the east coast so this board of friends has been a godsend to me. I check it each morning & it really helps to keep my spirits up, especially when my hubby is gone for months on the tugboat now that I'm in remission. Prayers & positive energy headed your way.

Rachel

we have children about the same ages we have a 16 and a 12 year old. my husband is 48 and I am 38.

he just completed 30 radiation treatments at md anderson in houston and has done one round of chemo and we start the next tomorrow. I will be looking for your name.