Constance Adelia Frost Nowak

NowakowDA

Connie A. Frost Nowak beloved mother, lost her battle with cancer July 29th 2004 at about 10:30 PM. She died at her home in Albuquerque New Mexico Connie Adelia Frost was born June 27th 1925 in McKean County, Pennsylvania. She was one of five children born to Dennis Harold and Gladys Ethlyn Frost of Warren County, Pennsylvania. She was proceded in death by her older sister Betty who died in 1930 at the age of 11. Her older brother Leslie Raymond who died in 1995 at the age of 75. The twins David and Joyce died in June 2001 and December 2001 respectively. David was six months short of his 73rd birthday and Joyce just turned 73. She was united in marriage on May 27th 1948 at Ft.Lewis Washington. Connie's husband, Command Sargent Major Donald A. Nowak USA Ret died in May of 1990. She is survived by her son (that's me!), D. A. Nowakow of Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Connie Nowak was a real estate brooker and owner of Connie's Realty in Albuquerque. she had worked for AAFES (Army & Air Force ExchangeService) off and on for thirty years. She counted among her pleasures meeting and talking to people, poetry and sleeping and especially "pizza" (Sorry for that one Mom).

Thanks for letting us get to know her, Don.

She sounds like a great lady, which is no surprise after learning a lot about her son's character through your posts.

You need not worry about how other family have reacted to no funeral. You asked what she wanted and then carried out her wishes. They are free to arrange a memorial service for her at any time or place they wish and if they invite you, you are free to attend or not attend. What you do with her ashes is up to you. They are not a necessary part of any memorial.

There is no "right" or "wrong" in how a death is handled. Only what feels right to you.

Hoping for more peace for you each day, Don.

Don, I posted other places earlier, but it seemed approriate to post here as well. You were a good son to your mom and you made her real to us here on the board. I wish you peace and time to heal. The void is never filled and it will continue to hurt from time to time, but it will get better. Continue to be the good son and be the best you can. That will be a tribute to your mom. Don

Dear Don,

My sincere symathies to you on the loss of your Dear Mother. I have also posted to you several times and agree that Mom is looking down from Heaven and shaking her finger at you saying"Did you have to tell them about the pizza?" Seriously though Don time will heal but you will never forget. That is how we keep our loved ones alive within us is through our memories. Thank you for letting us get to know Mom better also. My prayers are with you.

God Bless You,

Jane

Thank you for letting us get to know your mom through you. As some of the others have said, I posted other places but I wanted you to know that I read your tribute and can see the love you have for her. Like Jane said, it will get easier but never go away. Take care of yourself. You were so good to your mother and now you must be good to yourself.

Nina

Dear Don,

So sorry about your loss -- but, like everyone else, I'm grateful that we got to know your mother through you. You were such a wonderful son to her and that must have been the greatest comfort to her. Poetry and pizza and naps -- a great combination!

Keep in touch with us all -- you're one of the family now. And you know that you have our support as you go on, now, to the next stage of your life.

Love,

Ellen

• 2 weeks later...

Don,

I am sorry to read of your Mom's death and wanted to send condolences although late due to my Dad's illness. It has sometimes been difficult for me to read your posts because your descriptions of your Mom's struggle and your struggle to care for her reflected such love and grief...and often mirrored my own feelings about my Dad.

The obit. was just right. What a family history! And what a sense of humor...a bit of it from your Mom, I trust...

Many Blessings,