Newcomer, Father just dx with NCSLC.

Hello, my name is Tracy. My father was just dx with NCSLC on 6-6-04. My family and I are really scared of what will happen when we get the results of the PET scan. My Aunt Charolette reccommended me to this site. She is my father's sister and she also is going through this with my uncle. I do have a lot of questions about this type of LC. I hope in time all the questions will be ansewered. My father is 58 yrs. old and is determined to fight this battle. He wants to see all 13 grandchildren graduate college and be there for their weddings. I will keep everyone posted on updates of the dx's. Thank you. Tracy Everett

Hi Tracy, This is Aunt Char glad you joined this sight it is a wonderful bunch of people here and they will answer any questions you might have if they can and will give you lots of support also there are chat nites where you can come in and meet everybody and chat you will receive E mails when one is scheduled. Tell Your dad ,my brother we are all pulling for him and hope the pet scan shows no other cancer and he can have the surgery to remove this awful beast from his body, love you guys and thanks for joining post often to keep us updated, I wished I could be there with him but I have to be with Uncle Rich while he fights his beast, He starts his new chemo tomorrow. Love you guys. Aunt Char

Welcome, Tracy! What we were told about NSCLC, as compared to SCLC, was that it is slower growing but also slower to respond to chemo. That is a general statement, and each person has an individual response. My wife has Stage IV NSCLC and is still here after almost two years. So, hang on to the hope. Keep us posted. Don

Hi Tracy. Welcome to the group. As you prob already know from your aunt, this is the best group of people around. We will cry with you or laugh with you whichever you need. If you just need to talk or complain we are here for that also. Feel free to stop in and chat some. Our regular chat is on Tuesday and Wednesday but you can chat anytime you find someone to chat with. Remember to :) every chance you get.

Hi Tracy , welcome to the family. You say he was diagnosed in June and you are awaiting Pet scans, Has he had any treatment yet? Are they looking to see if it has shrunk or what? Keep us posted. Donna G

Hi Tracy and WELCOME!

You have certainly come to the right place, and we all love and support your Aunt Charlotte, too. We will be anxiously awaiting to get more information about your dad's dx. After that, we will all be better able to answer any questions you might have, and even when you don't have questions and are just feeling scared out of your wits, we can help you with that, too.

Hang on tight! This fight isn't easy, but it's a lot easier when you have friends here that are going through the same thing you and your dad are.

Write soon,

God bless you,

Peggy

Hi Tracy

Welcome.

I'm new here too so I have little wisdom to offer, but know that the folks here are awesome, and have some great information.

My SO has been recently dx'd too, and it took many, many weeks. I can really sympathize with how scary and frustrating the whole thing is.

Hang in there.

Kate

welcome to the site. i'm sorry to hear about your father, but he seems to be a feisty fighter, and that is a quality that is definitely needed to beat this disease. i'm sure that you and your family are a great support system for him. please take care.

God bless,

mj

Hi Tracy,

I have been through this twice now. Mom had NSCLC and Dad had SCLC. I know the fear that has you gripped deep down in your stomach and it will get easier. After all the tests are in and a plan is hatched and once the first chemo is administered, you will take a deep breath and join all of us on the roller coaster were already on.

I am going through cancer now a third time with my sister. she was dx'd the day we burried dad with breast cancer and I am unfortunately an expert of some sort now on cancer and its treatments. If I can answer any questions I will, just ask.

Hi Tracy,

Sorry I'm so slow to welcome you; I just can't seem to get online much lately. I'm sure sorry about your dad. One case of lung cancer per family is challenge enough, but unfortunately, it has hit several of our families more than once. You've got a terrific aunt to help you all through it and we'd like to offer whatever other support you need.

Hello Tracy, I like you am new on here but it's already clear to me you've found a fantastic on-line place to be. It's 5 months since my dad was diagnosed and still I find myself walking into the onco hospital thinking to myself "is this really happening? to my dad? to my family? to me?". Everyone fights in their own way. For me it's just important to fight, whatever way that may be.

Take care

Sean

Tracy,

Sorry that you're here but glad that you're HERE. Don't worry about asking any question, however trivial it may seem to you. I've learned so much from the generous answers to what seemed to me to probably be asinine questions or complaints or comments.

Keep us posted on your dad's PET scan and everything that follows.

Ellen