CT-2103 and Carboplatin side effects

-Cheryl-

Hello Folks,

I just wanted to report the side effects of the trial that I am on for those interested. Today was the forth day of my 2nd cycle. I worked Friday, but could not make it in today. I have been nauseated the last couple of days. I also have been really tired and experiencing constipation. I absolutely have no appetite. I am feeling better tonight, and hope to make it in to the office tomorrow. My hair is still all in tact, and I had to shave my leggs! So, outside of the fatique and slight nausea all is well. I must say, this is not as bad as before. Jack keeps waking me up to take my temperature and offer me water. He is worried, and I prefer to just sleep through it. Chemo Sucks!!!! I just hope it kicks the bejeepers out of the cancer! I have been checking out the internet to see if anyone else has any knowledge on this chemo, but I guess it is too new and still in trial. If anyone out ther has any knowledge on CT2103- or Docitaxol, please write me. I will have a CT soon and let you guys know about it when I do.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Cheryl, I used Copernic - searches 16 engines at once. It came back with just a few and they all appeared to be in German! I found one brief sentence from a study out of China that said

The growth inhibiting effect of docitaxol is due to its ability to induce apoptosis. It shows great potential in the treatment of osteosarcoma.

So I believe it was initially used in osteosarcoma (and it causes cell suicide)

Wish I could help more.

Cat

I hope you start feeling better, and that this drug does the trick for you.

Why can't they develop a chemo that only attacks leg hair? :lol:

Re: waking you up for water and temp check, I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I guess I just need to know he's ok, and I feel so helpless sometimes. Thanks for sharing the patient's perspective.

Wishing you and yours well,

Kate

Cheryl,

I am so sorry that you are starting to feel the effects of the chemo. Thankfully, nothing too bad. Remember that chemo builds up in your system over time, so the more chemo you have, the worse the side effects become. I usually felt ok after the first 2, then a little worse by the 3rd and my blood counts ALWAYS took a dive by the 4th cycle.

Isn't Docetaxel the clinical name for Taxotere??? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that it was. If that is the case, the side effects from Taxotere were not as bad as Taxol (Placetaxel - sp?) for me.

And I agree, if only chemo could leave the hair on our heads alone, and get rid of the leg hair........ :lol:

Hope you are feeling better real soon. Don't overdo it at work, your body needs all the rest it can get. Tell Jack to keep up the good work too!

TAnn

Cheryl, It's GREAT to hear from you, but I'm sorry you're not feeling well from the chemo. You sound like my hubby - he just wants to be left alone when he isn't feeling well and doesn't like me to wake him up and ask him if he's ok. Hmmm - Imagine that! :shock:

Stay well, kiddo. I'm praying for you.

Love,

Peggy

Dawn, Bless you for this information. I've tried various searches on my web tv, but could come up with nothing. Thank you to all of you for your responses. I am really feeling like poop. I am pretty dissy and breathing hard after little exertion. I am pretty sure my blood counts are down. I don't have my blood checked till Thursday. I wonder if I should have it checked before then?

I know I am on CT2103, but thought it was docitaxol. I will ask the nurse to be sure. That is pretty scarey, tell you the truth I am not sure I want to know. I may get psuedo side-effects! I hope the appetite returns. Thank you so much for the support and information my friends!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Since you're feeling lousy, think about how much worse the cancer cells must be feeling - that ought to make you feel better. You've sent the "big guns" in after them. Hoping those scans show the cancer cells fading quickly!