Need your prayers......please~~~

Angie Daughter of Bill

Hello all. I apologize for not being around as much to support all of you. I have been really down lately due to the pain that my Dad is experiencing. (spinal mets) I know that the pain that the caregiver experiences is nothing compared to the pain that the patient endures...........but this is really breaking my heart. My Dad lives with us which is a blessing, but it makes it so hard to see him hurt daily. :cry: I had my emotions under control until Dad started havng such pain. I just can't hardly stand it. :cry: I am back to crying while waiting in line at the grocery store and such as that. :roll:

I have been unable to get Dad to admit to his doctor just how bad the pain is..........hence no tests to see what is going on. I called the office and got in touch with the "nice nurse". She and I came up with a plan. She said she would call Dad to verify that he actually did need a refill on his pain meds. At that time she would question him about the pain. Long story short, he did admit to her that the pain is pretty much unbearable. Sooooo, she talked to the doctor. Dad is scheduled for a bone scan on Tuesday morning. He will get "dosed" at 8:00a.m. His scan is at 11:00a.m. I would appreciate prayers, thoughts, good vibes........any and everything that you have. I'm so nervous about this test. It could mean progression of the disease. That would mean coming off the Iressa and going back to the old chemo regime. :cry: Plus, radiation to the spine.

Also, totally non cancer related...........we have a family friend who has had a heart transplant. It is very uncertain that he is going to recover. He has thrown several blood clots........many complications. His wife is on family medical leave. (unpaid of course) They are in serious financial trouble. They are facing losing everything that they have worked so hard for. He was an engineer and she is an RN. I am planning a couple of fundraisers for this family. Please pray for our friend's recovery. Also, pray that the Good Lord above will guide me in the right direction for helping to raise money for this family. They need it sooooo desperately.

Long list of prayers, huh? Thanks in advance. Much love to all! Please know that I DO think of you all daily.

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

I hope you are taking the good nurse a Hershey Bar or something. Thank God she helped get him set up for the tests. I hope he can get the pain under control and that the Iressa is still working. All the best to you Angie.

I think it is great that in the midst of all that's going on you are doing the fundraiser for your friends.

Rochelle

Am sorry that your dad is experiancing the pain. He has a good caregiver tho. We can never do too much to help our parents.

I also want to tell you how much I admire your ambition to help others. That is what life is about though. Angie, take time for yourself also. You need to stay strong so you can continue for your dad.

Angie,So sorry to hear you have so many things to deal with right now.I think it was super of the nurse to help get your dad to open up some & now have those scans.There may be a way to relieve the pain & that would be great.I also admire your efforts to help your friends.As the others have already said,make sure you take care of yourself as well.This is very important.Hang in there my friend.

Angie,

Gee, you do have alot on your plate. Angie you, your family and your dad are always in my prayers. I am sorry he is such pain but glad you got the ball rolling so he can get the test he needs. My son is a transplant patient (kidney) and he had a rough time for a while. I know that heart transplant is much harder on the patient and pray that your friend makes it. It is wonderful of you to do the fund raiser. Take care Angie.

Nina

I will be saying a prayer for your dad and your family. How wonderful that you are able to take care of your dad. I can understand how heartbreaking it is for you to see your dad in pain. I'm glad he has tests scheduled next week. Hopefully "they" can get the pain under control. Like Curtis said, take care of yourself too!

Angie,

Please know that my prayers have been sent for your dad. Hoping that the bone scan comes clean, but if not, radiation to the mets will help with the pain. Don has experience with Lucie with the bone mets. Also sent prayers for your dear friend who is suffering so much........

TAnn