First doctor visit to find out more on brain mets

-Cheryl-

Cheryl,

I hope you have good luck with the wbr. I guess I got it in really high doses since I only had it for 10 treatments. Sounds like yours is 15 at a lower dose. You will do just fine with it. It is really afterwards that it "hits ya". The worst part is getting up every day and going to the treatment center. (oh, and those steroids!) Did they tell you that you couldn't drive? I'm not supposed to and my husband makes sure that I dont! :roll:

Glad you have a good plan and maybe the wbr will do the trick and you won't need stereotactic radiation, the wbr will "wipe em out"!

Sending prayers,

TAnn

Cheryl,

So glad to see that you have a plan in place that is doable. Also glad to read the hope starting to shine through in your post. I knew you would rally round to kick butt, you are such a strong woman!! Best wishes with you, as always.

Cheryl,

I have a question, the larger tumor (2cm) in the Cerebellum area. Can they remove it via surgery. The tumor I had was in that area and was about the same size. Really messed up my balance and made me very nausuous. My nuerosurgeon told us if you are going to have a tumor, the Cerebellum is the best place for it to be. Only had the one, Afterwards I had stereotactic radiation (one treatment) I had a mask too. I was also on the Decadron (very low dose 1-2mg per day.) You might want to call and ask the doctor about surgery to remove larger tumor. Curious to hear what he says. Lots of prayers being said for you. Please keep us posted. My doctor's name is Dr. Pezner.

God Bleass and hugs too,

Karen

My insurance thinks that it is addictive and I don't need it???? I would like to put the Insurance Medical Director on a pretty high dose of steriods and then announce to him/ or her that "you have heavy metastisis to your brain. By the way, sleep well tonight if you can!" AAARRRGGG! All in the name of the all mighty dollar. It saddens me. I didn't get sick till I hit 43, and paid my premiums all those years. Go Figure? :cry:

Cheryl

Cheryl, I am relieved to hear you like the doc and that he has a good plan. As for the steriods and sleeping.. well I took heavy doses of them for a long time (months and months) awhile back, and sleep was not something I could do much of. I ended up taking 2 benadryl each night, and that did help a little. Sheesh, no kidding, lets put these pompous people on the steroids and then see if they sleep.

I will be praying for you of course.

Love

Nell

Of course my prayers are yours Cheryl. I'm hoping surgery/gamma knife will prove to be a viable option for you. I'm with you about wanting "IT" gone..........and gone as soon as possible. Your med center is one of the greatest......I expect you'll be offered the best available treatment.

Cheryl,

I sounds like you have found a man with a plan. I hope it all works well and that you are in that trial before you know it. As for something to make you sleep....ask for a script for xanax, atavan or something like that....they are NOT expensive if you have to pay for it yourself. Get the generic.

Nina

Cheryl

I am so glad to hear that you have already followed up with a dr, and have a plan. This is just a small detour and will be over before you know it. I have never heard of a insurance co, deciding what drugs a person needs. I dont have any advise for you on that, but I am praying for you.

God Bless

Kim

((((Cheryl))))

I will keep you in my prayers..I know so many here have had good results with wbr as I am sure you will too..It probably isnt a bad idea to take something to help ease those racing thoughts and get some rest...Let us know how everything goes...

Dear Cheryl,

Coming in late, as usual, to the discussion -- I too am happy that they've got a good plan and that they're going to take those little critters right out. I second Dave's objections to that ad! But mets can't be half as resilient as toenail fungi -- and I'm betting on they're being gone in a nanosecond once you get going.

Do try to get a prescription for generic anti-anxiety meds-- Len found (finds) generic xanax invaluable at bedtime. He uses that and tyenol pm to sleep and had no problem even when he was on steroids. Have you tried to appeal your prescription plan ruling? I did that with some things a few years ago and got my way. Addictive, humbug.

Good luck with the wbr and then on to the cerebellum and the vaccine!

Ellen