First doctor visit to find out more on brain mets

-Cheryl-

Hey Guys,

I am taking it moment by moment right now, as I still struggle with the news of this monster taking up residence in my brain. I have nightmares of that toe nail fungus commercial digging around in my head! My symptoms are all but "non-existent" right now, which I am grateful to God for. Yet,there are so many unknowns. Well, hopefully tomorrow I will have a better idea of what it is that I am up against. I ask for your prayers please.

Cheryl

Cheryl, I take it tomorrow you have a dr appt? I hope it goes well and I hope that they can zap those critters out right away and then you can go back to your clinical trial with ease!

Please post tomorrow when you have news

You'll beat it. If you haven't read www.momscancer.com, which Hebbie posted a link to the other day, you really must. It takes a while to read but I think it will help you. But I know you'll get past this as well. you're a fighter.

by the way, can I tell you how much I truly hate that darn toe nail fungus commercial? I wish the FCC would quit worrying about Janet Jackson and eliminate some of the more tasteless ones like that one. can't they promote their product a little less graphically?

Hang in there,

Karen C.

Hey Guys,

I met with Dr. Senzor yesterday for my appt. He is probably one of the best in his field. He is the doctor that doctors go to.

After discussing a game plan and answering many questions, I had a mask made for WBR. I will go at it with a low dose for 3 weeks, due to the number of them. Mets can spread trough the lymph system, blood stream, and cerebral spinal fluid. I guess, that is how mine took up residence here in my brain. I guess with the type of cancer I have (BAC), this is a typical pattern of spread anywhere. The tumors are all small like bebes, and not pressing on anything to cause symptoms. I have a larger met measuring 2in. in my cerebellum, which had some edema and was causing balance problems, and headaches when you first awake. Basically the report read "extensive matastasis to the brain." I will stay on the steroid throughout the first part of treatment, because radiation will cause brain swelling intially. It will make your thoughts race and sleep become interrupted, not to mention the delightful weight gain and bloat it causes too!

After treatment, Dr. Senzor will do stereotactic radiosurgery on the larger mets if feasable. I will still do the trial afterwards, if The mets respond. I am taking FMLA, because treatment is in Dallas, and due to symptom issues. That is pretty much it for now. Please keep your support coming. I cannot tell you how much it helps. Thanks for your prayers.

Cheryl